Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 10 months ago #99 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Re:Steampunk.
Haha, thats awesome!
I'd love to do that, but I just don't see the point in putting in the money to get, admittedly, an amazing outfit that i'll probably never wear. I have one set of velvet stuff and whenever its cold enough so I don't boil in it, it's raining :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #101 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Steampunk.
Lol! The closest I've ever been to dressing up Victorian was going to a Disney party dressed as Prince Charming. I had to walk a rather long way down a busy road to get to the party and I was wearing pantaloons! This was back before I'd ever even heard of steampunk.

More
14 years 10 months ago #103 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steampunk.
It can sometimes be trying to get into the victorian look. It took me ages to be able to wear a corset for more than half an hour without having trouble breathing. And it's especially difficult to get dressed up in the sweltering heat we get during the summer here. But there's just something about getting all strapped in and adorned that makes me feel so confident. Like I'm on top of the world and no one can touch me. It's an intoxicating rush.

More
14 years 10 months ago #104 by Aftermidnight
If I were a girl I'd try corsets. Obviously I couldn't wear one as I am... But I think corsets look really good.

I can relate to the confidence thing; just dressing all in black even if its just normal-ish clothes makes me feel better-looking and more confident about myself. It is nice to be different.

More
14 years 10 months ago #111 by DarkTrinity
Replied by DarkTrinity on topic Re:Steampunk.
I Have A Nice Little Collection Of Corsets Going On... I Have One I Wear Just About Every Time I Go Out Anywhere.. Even the Supermarket..
I Work On Certain Outfits At A Time.. And I'm Actually Starting To Create My Own Steampunk One.. It's Definitely NOT CHEAP... But Good Old eBay Usually Comes Through... Most Alternative Gear Is FAR Over Priced In Aust. Anyway...

*Sigh*

I Agree With You Aftermidnight In Regards To The Confidence Thing.. It's Also Like In A Sea Of People You'll Be The One To Be Remembered.. Whether It May Be Because You Were Scary Or Beautiful.. People Remember What They Don't Understand..

It Fascinates Them.. It's Humanities Nature.. =)

More
14 years 10 months ago #113 by Aftermidnight
DarkTrinity, I think we're on the same wavelength (having just replied to you on the gothic rock band thread). It is all about being remembered as someone who stands out, for whatever reason. When everyone else just follows what the rest of the world sees as fashionable.

So you make your own outfits? Thats really cool! It must be great to wear exactly what you like. Even if it is expensive, you're making a bold statement about your fashion style and your design ability. You have my respect.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds