Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Steampunk

More
14 years 9 months ago #121 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Steampunk.
A lot of people I've spoken to, if they don't regularly make any of their own clothing, at least tend to modify the stuff they buy to some extent. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you can find something that's close and tweek it a little more in the direction of your style. I'm one of the fortunate few who has a phenomenal local goth store, however, so I can usually find a good starting point at my finger tips. It also helps to be on really good terms with the owner as she tends to let me know when she comes across stuff that's right up my alley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #124 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Steampunk.
This is true. The shirt I'm wearing now I'm going to alter (if you can call it that) just by adding bat buttons and wearing it with my coffin or spider cuff links.

I don't have any amazing goth-stores near me, regrettably. Salisbury is nearest, and that has an alternative clothing/tattoo parlour thats pretty good. In Winchester where I go to college there's a pretty decent shop just 5 minutes walk from my college. Has anyone noticed how the people who serve you in alt-clothing shops are always way friendlier than any other type of shop assistant?
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Aftermidnight.

More
14 years 9 months ago #131 by cemwerewolf
I have noticed that actually. My local store only opened up about two years ago so I have a very clear recollection of my first visit. Since day one they have been more than willing to bend over backwards to get me what I'm looking for where as in most mainstream stores I have to send up a flare to even get a clerk to look my way. And it's not all about business either. They're just as happy to stop and chat about whatever you like. It makes for a real comfortable environment to hang out and shop in.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #149 by Aftermidnight
Have just been to a local shop and one of the staff was yelling at someone on the street for standing in their doorway... But the lady inside was very nice to me.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Aftermidnight.

More
14 years 9 months ago #155 by cemwerewolf
Unfortunately random loitering can be a problem with any shop. It's good to know that the lady was able to shrug it off and focus on the needs of her patron though.

More
14 years 9 months ago #156 by Aftermidnight
How true.
And wow! I'm replying and you're online! I wonder if you'll notice... Hehe

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds