Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Healing stones and crystals

More
13 years 2 months ago #29899 by nwbevk
Based from my book, I think I can correctly identify from the picture (some of these you already know) Red Jasper, Snowflake Obsidian, Black Obsidian or possibly Onyx, Mangonoan Calcite, Strawberry Quartz, Black Agate, Lapis, and Snow Quartz. Possibly a Red Agate to. I saw nothing similar to the tanish stones, though the book I have is evil and shows some stones polished nice, some stones in their natural 'rough' shape.

I definatly believe in the power of stones, they havn't failed me yet. ^__^ And for proof crystals put off energy, study on the giant crystal caves, in Mexico I think they are. The crystals generate so much energy it produces extream heat and people can't stay inside those caves long. I must see those in person some time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29907 by iHauntTheSepulchre
nwbevk wrote:

I saw nothing similar to the tanish stones, though the book I have is evil and shows some stones polished nice, some stones in their natural 'rough' shape.

And for proof crystals put off energy, study on the giant crystal caves, in Mexico I think they are. The crystals generate so much energy it produces extream heat and people can't stay inside those caves long. I must see those in person some time.

I have a couple of books like that; very frustraing, it would be better if they just put in photos of the stones in both their rough and polished shapes.
Those caves sound very interesting - I'd love to check them out on day (you're talking to a massive cave fan here). :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 2 months ago #29911 by black_magnolia
That's the same problem I have with my book! Most of the stones pictured are in their raw form so it's quite hard to guess which is which.

Nwbevk, could you please write the position of the stones in the picture for the which you think are Red Jasper, Mangonoan Calcite, Strawberry Quartz, Black Agate, Lapis, Snow Quartz and possibly Red Agate?
Did you check out the other pictures in the link, were they helpful in anyway?

I'll try to upload a better photo of the ones that are tougher to identify. Don't have a camera here with me now.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29925 by Envy
Ah, I became curious about this 'crystal cave' so I looked it up and I found some pretty good stuff on the BBC site. There's a short clip of the inside here:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8466493.stm

Just..Wow. Having someone inside there whilst filming really gives you a sense of scale..And the guy who's talking has a faint Scottish accent. A nice bonus. :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #29938 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

Ah, I became curious about this 'crystal cave' so I looked it up and I found some pretty good stuff on the BBC site. There's a short clip of the inside here:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8466493.stm

Just..Wow. Having someone inside there whilst filming really gives you a sense of scale..And the guy who's talking has a faint Scottish accent. A nice bonus. :P

:ohmy: Wow! that is really quite amazing!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 2 months ago #29940 by nwbevk
Starting from the top and going left to right: 1 - Strawberry Quartz, 2 Mangonoan Calcite, 3 Black Agate, 4 Snowflake Obsidian, 5 Lapis, 6 ?, 7 Red Jasper, 8 Red Agage, 9 ?, 10 ?, 11 I was first thinking onyx or obsidian, but on a couple of the other pictures it looks to have a silvery shine which would be more of a Hemetite trait.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds