Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

energy

More
14 years 8 months ago #1241 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:energy
It's widley known and prooved that we use about 10% of our brain. People that reahears this (like experts, that have done alike for decades) say that in the future, long in the future, we may be able to controll all our mind. Controll everything. Our breathing, our movements, our pheromones, even our healing. The bodyheat. Everything.

There are people now that say they can cook a fish, just using their hands. Because they can controll their bodyheat, and concentrate it, or maybe just heat it ina particular place - now their hand. If it's prooven? Well, had an (tiny) article in the papers about this. But who believes such things, really? Which 'sane' people would believe alike...? Or is that just the thought of the society...?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1266 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:energy
Aftermidnight wrote:

Actually, Veszdrin is good at talking the words right out of my, um, keyboard. Nice one.

Um, I believe it's possible to move things with the mind and the like. I don't think I could do it, or anyone I know could do it. But I think some people do have extra power. But I think it would be more common for people to be able to just 'influence' the movement of objects and stuff. Like, if a ball is already moving they could influence it to turn even if according to science it wouldn't (or couldn't?). It's an exciting thought that we could have any kind of Chi/Psi/the Force/prana/magic potential inside us...

Oh and what is prana?

I could be mistaken, but I think prana is the East Indian term for energy, chi, etc.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1267 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:energy
I definitely believe that things like Chi all the way to telekinesis is possible, but so few people discover how to manipulate energy that it might seem impossible to the vast majority of people who have never seen/felt it. Proof to me that we are capable of manipulating the energy around us (without using any other aid except our own bodies) is the practice of Reiki. I train a martial art called Ninjutsu and since it is pretty rough i have managed to snap a few things out of place, like bits in my wrist or even a very painful twist of my knee. The joints basically snapped out of place and back into the right position immediately but it still doesn't spare you the pain or the innevitable swelling and bruising that can go on for an annoyingly long time (as i've learnt in the instances before i started training, i'm very accident prone). Your average doctor can't do much but maybe immobilise the joint, tell you to put ice on it and to rest. My sensei in the current dojo i'm in is a practitioner of reiki and with a short session around the problem area the swelling went down completely in just a few days and i was ready to train by next week. It was remarkable.

Another reason for my belief in our ability to manipulate the energy around us is also how one type of energy can be converted into other types.

However, I definitely do not believe people are/were capable of shooting lighting out their fingertips or other such \"mainstream\" perceptions of magic :P

The dream is alive...
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Vivaris.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1269 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:energy
shooting light out of fingertips is a stupid idea brought on the film industry....real magic doesn't work like that , but everyone thinks that it does do to all the movies ....

More
14 years 7 months ago #1322 by Eskelde09
Replied by Eskelde09 on topic Re:energy
okay, a few clarifications: Prana, as far as I can tell, is what \"vampires\" need. The theory is that it's a form of life-force that they just don;t manufacture on their own (or at least, not enough), a lot like diabetes.

also, the original idea of the topic was maybe misrepresented. I mainly just wanted to know what this particular sub-genre of people believed; that is, whether my theory makes sense to people.

the theory, as I've tried to explain it before, is this: tehre is no \"prana\", magick, Force, chi, etc. these are, like idols, attempts to understand facets of a whole that is beyond comprehension.

there is a force beyond the current capability of physics to explain, that humans are capable of manipulating. this is scientifically proven. My thought is that this force is limited only by one's understanding of it. for example, a student of Psi might think that it is possible to create psi bubbles, so he makes psi bubbles. a master of Qi'Gong meditation might think it is possible to concentrate Chi in a circular shape- these are exactly the same thing, done two different ways. A master of Psi might not think it is possible to use his Psi to heal, while a Reiki master uses it for this every day. It's the discipline to which you bind yourself that determines what you can do.

I've also the same thought about religion; every religion is just a facet of the same universal God. the greeks, for example, believed that all the gods were, ultimately, the sons, daughters, and so on of the original, Cronos. therefore, each god is just a part of the original whole. some of them were evn admittedly human-affected, like the Nymphs or Hercules.

 cantates, avito

More
14 years 7 months ago #1323 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:energy
I've never believed in one god... doesn't seem logical. 1=1 and so on. 1 doesn't = 2 or 100, if you don't add something to 1... (yes, I've only studied math the last week...)

About that engery it could be different tho... but I don't believe in 'energy'. Not that term. Atm I just got theories, but the term energy just seems... wrong. A word for something without a name, but humans have to get names for everything... if nothing else, to say it's mine...
Energy seem like a word alike, by human standards, but it's not even close. Not really.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds