Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Runes.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10822 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Runes.
Thurysaz wrote:

Bonjour sisters & brothers of TOOA,

Indeed, it is better to manufacture its own Runes. even made carton in debut, if that's all you have on hand.

For literature on the subject the rule is: Forget the books which spoke of 25 Runes!
(because the twenty fifth is included in the other 24)

About books, I recommend: Runelore of Edred Thorsson.
But the must is: Leaves of Yggdrasil by Freya Aswynn.

Mes hommages.

T.

Thank you brother. I'll be sure to delve into both of those books.
Also: I've read a lot about people making runes on popcicle sticks. Make sure they aren't sticky of course, and draw the runes on each one. Then toss them or draw them, depending on your method of divination. I prefer to throw them and see how they land. Runes seem better to me than tarot because it's not just the rune that gives meaning. It also matters on how they land. They can be close together or far apart or upside - down. It's all about how you connect with them so as to understand their meaning better. That's why it is much more important to connect with your runes than your tarot. Tarot can be used by just about anyone, but runes take skill.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18054 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Runes.
Thurysaz wrote:

Bonsoir sisters & brothers members of The Order Of Algoth,

Do you know the Runes?

Runes its foremost the Nordic equivalent of the alphabet, but they are also a means of divination and can be used in magic.

Do you believe in their powers?

Mes hommages.

T.

Yes I do Brother, cause in fact I use them in Magic but in a certain way!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #18070 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Runes.
Indeed, The Runes are very powerfull in magic.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18183 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Runes.
I made my own set of runes late last year from a branch that had fallen off our birch tree. I burnt each symbol into the wood by hand, a little technique I picked up from the Aborigines on my visits to Central Australia. I'm still learning to use them and attune to them. I know that many people dislike the use of the blank rune, but I've always wondered why.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #18191 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Runes.
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I made my own set of runes late last year from a branch that had fallen off our birch tree. I burnt each symbol into the wood by hand, a little technique I picked up from the Aborigines on my visits to Central Australia. I'm still learning to use them and attune to them. I know that many people dislike the use of the blank rune, but I've always wondered why.

Sorry to tel you this but, never take from a branche that dad touch the groun because its dead of its power! Try to cut a branche that's alive but I'll pm you the ritual, I have it in french but I'll right it in english just for you sister!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Verminaard Draconis.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18200 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Runes.
@ Verminaard Draconis:

Verminaard Draconis wrote:

Sorry to tel you this but, never take from a branche that dad touch the groun because its dead of its power! Try to cut a branche that's alive but I'll pm you the ritual, I have it in french but I'll right it in english just for you sister!

Moi je le veux bien en français frère verminaard.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds