Show Navigation Menu
Media

The Raven

More
11 years 11 months ago #38085 by firensia
The Raven was created by firensia
I recently heard about a new film being released tomorrow called The Raven. It stars John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe and it's supposed to be somewhat of a detective story.

The storyline is: \"In the 19th century, a serial killer begins murdering victims using methods from Edgar Allan Poe's stories. Poe himself teams up with a young Baltimore detective to get inside the murderer's mind to try and stop more of his fictional works from becoming grizzly fact. As the hunt intensifies, Poe's own love, Emily Hamilton, becomes a target for the killer.\"

It's classified as a thriller.

Is anyone excited about this film? I may or may not go see it. It has received mixed reviews so far and no one seems to be overly praising it.

Here's the trailer:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #38086 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: The Raven
Just heard about it yesterday on someone's facebook page. :woohoo: No opinion about it what so ever. The trailer does look good (and I literally mean \"looks\" as my speakers have died and I can't hear a thing :silly: ).
If it's going to be shown in our movie theaters here, I might watch it. Haven't really been in the mood to actively go and seek out a movie as I don't have so much time anymore...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 11 months ago #38089 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: The Raven
Hmm...the concept sounds a bit like the show Castle...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 11 months ago #38100 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: The Raven
I actually heard about this one a while ago so I've been mulling it over a bit. It seems to have almost a Sherlock Holmes-ish feel to it which appeals to me as well as the Poe aspect. It definitely has potential if they actually developed the storyline rather than relying on the popularity of Poe's works to draw crowds. So I think I'm quite looking forward to this one . . .

More
11 years 11 months ago #38105 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: The Raven
I agree with cemwerewolf in the sense that the movie seems to have a Sherlock Holmes-ish quality. Being a fan of Edgar Allen Poe and the style of the Sherlock Holmes movies, I'm looking forward to seeing it. As far as the reviews for it, I've heard mixed reviews but I've learned that if you want to find out the true quality of a movie and if it appeals to you, you must watch it for yourself regardless of what others say.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 11 months ago #38107 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: The Raven
Veszdrin wrote:

I've learned that if you want to find out the true quality of a movie and if it appeals to you, you must watch it for yourself regardless of what others say.

Yep - never fails.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds