Show Navigation Menu
Media

How do you get your music?

More
12 years 3 months ago #36771 by firensia
Envy wrote:

snow.wulf wrote:

firensia wrote:

I read somewhere that major labels will stop production of CDs in 2012. I really hope that's not the case. :( Digital downloading is just not the same.

AGREED! I looked this up after reading your post and cannot find any solid reports of this, so far all I've seen is speculation. But I will be seriously depressed if I cannot buy CD's anymore...especially after spending so much money on my collection!

EDIT: After further reading, I also came across an article saying that CDs will still be made, just not sold in stores. If that's the case, big deal, I buy 99% of my CDs online :P

First I've heard of this!

I read it here: www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_ne...ing_cds_in_2012.html

That has actually made me buy more CDs lately because if it's true, I'm thinking prices are going to skyrocket in the next couple years like what happened with vinyl records.

I don't see the point of stopping CD production. People still buy them. Artists continue to go Platinum and Gold. I think it's too soon to kill off CDs. Hopefully, it's not true.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #36772 by snow.wulf
That's where I read it too, but it says that \"Sideline\" (the source of the rumour)fails to give a source or to provide an official statement.

More
12 years 3 months ago #36786 by Morgana
I'll listen to music online (youtube, myspace, etc.) to check out a new-to-me band to see if I like them, and if I do, then I'll buy the CD. Between my husband and I, we have close to 500 CDs, and the collection is still growing.

I don't buy online, because I've had nothing but trouble with online/phone/credit card shopping. There are a couple of second-hand stores locally that we check on a regular basis... you never know what gems you might find, so it's a fun way to spend a few hours. I find the local HMV is really good about ordering in hard to find items. You might have to pay a bit more for an import, but then at least you have it.

I also like to sit down with the booklet, and look at the artwork, read the lyrics, dedications, etc. Even with something I'm very familiar with, I'll still pull out the booklet every now and then just for a look.

I've heard the rumour too, that CDs will not be produced much longer. But it's a rumour that's gone around a few times before, so hopefully nothing will come of it...

More
12 years 1 month ago #37710 by Verminaard Draconis
Usually I get it at an HMV store!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds