Show Navigation Menu
Media

Original-content fairytales

More
13 years 2 months ago #30321 by Kuroboshi
Eeeh...I'm usually conflicted about posting more links so quickly (still am a little) but I did a little more looking into fairy tales on Cracked and found two articles.

www.cracked.com/article_15962_the-grueso...lar-fairy-tales.html

www.cracked.com/article_16576_the-distur...-nursery-rhymes.html

It's really interesting reading how tame the version of \"Little Red Riding Hood\" seems compared to the examples they have their. Guess it has something to do with Disney too because it pretty much uses the plot of some of them as the version we know. Which is pretty accurate, I'd guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30322 by black_magnolia
I saw a book in a second hand bookstore in Zagreb that didn't have all those fancy pansy endings. Damn, I wanted to buy it but didn't have the money with me then and when I got back it was gone. :angry:
Don't remembers the publisher or anything more about it. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30510 by nwbevk
I might be having my usual memory issues, but isn't there a book called Grims Grimmest or something along those lines? Should be a book with the stories you're looking for. If it wasn't so late here I'd hunt for ya, but try Grims Fairy Tales, or the Grims Grimmest.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30531 by Envy
Were the 'Brothers Grimm' the original storytellers of folk tales etc.? Or were they just the first to create large collections of them in one place (which I think is the case)?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30536 by Kuroboshi
From my understanding, they just collected a large amount of them in a single place.

Certainly not the origin of them since there were so many versions.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30537 by Envy
Kuroboshi wrote:

From my understanding, they just collected a large amount of them in a single place.

Certainly not the origin of them since there were so many versions.

Ah. Just thought I'd make sure. They did so many that I get confused sometimes..Plus their versions are probably some of the best known.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds