Show Navigation Menu
Media

Good Music Recommendations

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30159 by avengedsevenxxx
I love music that has dark themes, sounds etc. along any category from electronic to punk to rock. If anyone has any recommendations on music that they listen to along these lines, I'm all for it! I have been listening to Type O Negative lately and some Seraphim Shock among many artists/groups (as I like all kinds of sh*t!). So yeah, if you have anything you would recommend such as a specific album or something, reply.

I feel like there is a lot of good music out there that isn't noticed enough and I love finding something new that hits my soul.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30164 by Entwine
I just listened to a little bit of Seraphim Shock, and I know Type O Negative, and the first band that came to mind is The 69 Eyes. Give them a try if you don't know them. My fav song of theirs is Wasting the Dawn

As I was sitting on my chair
I knew the bottom wasn't there
Nor legs, nor back, but I just sat
Ignoring little things like that

More
13 years 2 months ago #30165 by Morgana
I'd suggest King Diamond, in particular their 1987 album Abigail. It's a concept album, about the malevolent spirit of a still-born baby.

I think a lot of the modern black metal bands owe a lot to these guys.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30173 by black_magnolia
Hmmm... Tastes differ a lot from person to person, so I'm not sure what would suit you.
I'm a big TON fan and my tastes are pretty wide... Hmm...
Out of the top of my head I'd recommend Fields of the Nephilim and their album The Nephilim.
If you are open to something different, I'd recommend David Garrett's Rock Symphonies album.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30203 by avengedsevenxxx
I'll be checking out all your recommendations, thanks for replying.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30219 by Morgana
You're welcome, and do let us know what you think! As black_magnolia said, tastes differ from person to person, so even if you like one band of a certain genre, you may not care as much for others.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds