Show Navigation Menu
Media

Your favourite classical musician...

More
13 years 4 months ago #27104 by Bittersweet_Pixie
There are so many to choose from but ultimatly we all have our favourite classical musician which we are drawn to.. but the queston is which one??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27105 by Envy
Uhhm wrong section to post this in.

Anyway - I guess, my favourite classical musician is probably Mozart.. I'm particularly good at playing scale-based pieces, so..Yeah. Mozart's work sounds really complex but it's relatively simple to play as most of his stuff is particularly based on scales and arps...Well..Most classical stuff is, but Mozart just stands out. :P

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #27112 by black_magnolia
My favourite is Beethoven, can't really describe why, he just is. :)
Bach comes in second place just because of his Toccata and Fugue in D minor. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27127 by Envy
Hmm..What is your definition of 'classical' for this thread? Are you referring to strictly classical composers or are you willing to vary the definition to baroque/romantic/neoclassical etc.?

I would've put Bach as a baroque composer and not classical, but if the thread isn't strictly classical, I would be pretty happy to put Beethoven as my second and Bach as my third favourites. :P

More
13 years 4 months ago #27136 by black_magnolia
Good question, Envy! I just assumed she was taking the term with the broader definition, because it would mean having more possibilities to choose from and discuss.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27145 by Envy
True.

If we're talking about 'classical' in a veeery broad sense, I would also place Scarlatti (baroque) and definately Shostakovitch (Neo-Classical) on my list of favourites somewhere...^.^

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds