Show Navigation Menu
Media

itouch, ipad, ipod....icrazy?

More
13 years 11 months ago #19302 by Envy
I don't like the whole Apple Inc. stuff..I heard that if you use iPods and later decide you want to move your music to your MP3, it isn't possible.

I also hate touch-phones because they're so fiddly. Many times when borrowing friends' phones, I've just accidentally swiped my sleeve or something against the screen and ended up calling and texting people. :angry: It's incredibly frustrating. They're oh-so sensitive when my skin brushes against calling buttons but so goddamn non-responsive when I'm sat jabbing at buttons with a finger.

I'm pretty happy with my MP4/walkman and MP3 anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19341 by scootiebee
My phone has a touch screen (not an iphone, though), and it has a lock feature, so I can't accidentally dial it while it is in my purse, or whatever. then I just have to push two buttons on it to unlock it. But I can't wait to get a newer one. Mine is almost 2 years old, and it is getting worn out from poking at it, I guess, with a few scratches on the screen, as well. Holding out for the phone that is coming out this summer that I saw. can't wait to see if it is as good as advertised. HTC EVO.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19356 by Envy
I can see why people like touch phones, but personally, I don't think they're any more useful than phones with buttons.

My piano teacher has so many of these new touch sensitive gadgets etc. that he's actually slowed down by the amount of gadgets he uses. He has to spend loads of time uploading this..Transferring that..Saving this..Yelling at it when it doesn't do as he wants..(Electronic planner things)..

More
13 years 11 months ago #19366 by black_magnolia
I hate touch screens! I'm faster with buttons then with those screens, they are just not enough accurate for my taste to deserve being used.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19377 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I hate touch screens! I'm faster with buttons then with those screens, they are just not enough accurate for my taste to deserve being used.

Agreed!

I'm a lot more inefficient with touch screens..I'm just better with buttons in general - They seem to be more reliable and more responsive, in my opinion anyway.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19379 by scootiebee
I agree, the touch screen keyboards I have played around with on some cell phones are not good for me. I can't type fast on them, and I can't do much accurately on them. But my current phone has a full keyboard with real buttons, and they are so TINY that they may as well not be there at all. I have a hard time on them too. I didn't say I was going to BUY the new phone, but definitely play with it at the store. My phone needs replacing, so I figure I can wait and see. In the mean time, my current phone goes batty at least once a day, locking up, or the new one it did today, the entire screen went looking like a bar code, and it wouldn't respond to anything. Ugh. I am really sick of it! Either way, most of the new phones have a touchscreen on them, even if they also have a slide-out keyboard too. At least, most of the new phones that have internet access, a decent camera, and a screen big enough for me to see without my glasses are now touchscreen.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds