Show Navigation Menu
Media

RIP Peter Steele

More
13 years 11 months ago #19002 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:RIP Peter Steele
I looked it up in the national obituaries as well. There have been speculations in the past that he was dead but they were false. This time it is true. He was 48 and died of heart failure. Does anyone know where it happened, how it happened, and where he was buried?

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19033 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:RIP Peter Steele
SkieShauphen wrote:

I looked it up in the national obituaries as well. There have been speculations in the past that he was dead but they were false. This time it is true. He was 48 and died of heart failure. Does anyone know where it happened, how it happened, and where he was buried?

The false speculations were due to the fact that he went missing, but he just went to rehab.

He died in Brooklyn. It was said the service will be private, so no idea where exactly, probably somewhere in Brooklyn.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19079 by SkieShauphen
I'm surprised his body wasn't transported into Europe. I don't believe he was originally from New York.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19083 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:RIP Peter Steele
SkieShauphen wrote:

I'm surprised his body wasn't transported into Europe. I don't believe he was originally from New York.

I'm not surprised as he was indeed born in Brooklyn, but he was of mixed heritage: Polish, Icelandic, Scottish and Russian. His real name was Petrus T. Ratajczyk.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19178 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:RIP Peter Steele
I haven't seen any further details on the band's website, so presumably the family wants to keep it private. And that's how it should be. We \"knew\" him as the singer/bass player for TON, but there are some things fans don't need to be a part of. I think it would be pretty traumatic for the family to see a crowd of people around the church and cemetary, while they're trying to say goodbye.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19182 by SkieShauphen
black_magnolia wrote:

SkieShauphen wrote:

I'm not surprised as he was indeed born in Brooklyn, but he was of mixed heritage: Polish, Icelandic, Scottish and Russian. His real name was Petrus T. Ratajczyk.

Yes, I found out yesterday that it was his heritage that threw me off. He was in fact from Brooklyn.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds