Show Navigation Menu
Media

Nightwish

More
14 years 7 months ago #2043 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Nightwish
knumpcy wrote:

morphea3107 wrote:

nightwish went downhill since tarja left ....the only song i like from the new nightwish in amaranth , but frankly annette's voice sounds very pop and it doesn't balance well with the whole band...

I agree with you Morphea, though Tarja's time has passed and remember lets not continue with repeating threads as this was discussed some time before.

Well it is a thread about the band, and this is of course still a major topic so why wouldn't we discuss it here?

The dream is alive...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2296 by Eskelde09
Replied by Eskelde09 on topic Re:Nightwish
I liked a lot of oceanborn, but I think I like Annette's songs better. I own both dark Passion Play and Oceanborn, but that's pretty much the extent I know them.

Love what i have, though. I wish I had an angel is great, too.

 cantates, avito

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #2297 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Nightwish
Annette is grand but this and other songs were the true Nighwish:

Please forgive me this was the first song I heard from them being a distant United States bloke, but Tarja had the voice to encompass the band and what I fell in love with, once her departure sad to say Nightwish is not the same. I am sorry, I am just being honest.

P.S. Yes I know what happened during their breakup and I do blame Tarja's Husband why she left or persay outsted, but her voice was so captivating.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2309 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Nightwish
Yes it was, and surely if you just heard it for the first time with Nemo then it had to be more of a shock. Still, I trully think as far as Nightwish went with the things they recorded, they reached a peak with tarja when they recorded Once. I think it was better for the rest of the band and for her to move on for the sake of developing as artists :/

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2317 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Nightwish
knumpcy wrote:

Well not moving on, but her husband witch became her manager or he was a music manager pushed her towards so called further things that was above Nightwish...Wrong move because it was expressed by the band by her dismissal...and they have not been the same since.....as stated before this group is always brilliant and it is not worth detering on.

What lies within my mind can be challenged, but do you have a knowledge to challenge thee?

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #2353 by winterparel
Replied by winterparel on topic Re:Nightwish
Nightwish is my great love..
Tuomas is one of the greatest artists in the world, the whole Nightwishprocess is here because of him.
His lyrics have helpt me a lot the later years. So many of his magic words have touched my heart.
The commotion around the band that has started with the change from Tarja to Annette has hit me deep.
A lot of \"fans\" started insulting Annette, in which they insulted Nightwish and Tuomas in person.
I think he couldn't have made a better decision with this. We should all respect it. Btw, I like Annette way better on stage. She has got this fine spontanity, she loves the public and what she does..
My favourite band for a lifetime :)

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds