Show Navigation Menu
Media

Nightwish

More
14 years 7 months ago #1693 by Highwayman
Nightwish was created by Highwayman
Anyone else like Nightwish?

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1695 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Nightwish
nightwish is awesome. although, they were a lot better with tarja as the front woman. haven't really heard any of the stuff with their new lead singer but i love all of their other albums.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1700 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Nightwish
Veszdrin wrote:

nightwish is awesome. although, they were a lot better with tarja as the front woman. haven't really heard any of the stuff with their new lead singer but i love all of their other albums.

See, no offense, but this is exactly the thing i hate hearing. \"Yeah they were SOOOOO much better with tarja, i haven't really heard the new stuff but tarja was sooo much better!\"

I love Nightwish. I started listening to them back when Oceanborn was released so almost from the very beginning, so I obviously loved Tarja's singing, also because i could relate to it having had some classical singing education myself. I loved how she could shape her classical singing voice into something new and interesting, not only do classical singing within the genre of classical music. She wasn't that spectacular as a live singer, towards her last tour with the band having a lot of recordings to help her, but in her defense, a classical voice is notoriously difficult to keep up to par over long periods of time, and for her it was travel-interview-gig-interview-travel-etc. It puts a drain on any voice. Still, what i've heard from some of my friends working in the concert scene (ie. roadies) she was becoming increasingly bigheaded and arrogant, starting to have a diva-like attitude and saying things like \"Nightwish is nothing without me,\" in any case there had to be a reason for the guys to make such a drastic decision.

And now here comes Anette, which in my opinion took Nightwish to a new level, a fresh start they can work and Tuomas can create from. She carries so much potential and new possibility with her because she can sing the old songs beautifully, being capable of reaching almost every high note Tarja put into the songs effortlessly, yet bring a whole new colour to the new songs which still have their morbid air that our dear Mr. Holopainen brings with his songwriting.

Of course the hardcore Nightwish fans were saying Nightwish is dead without Tarja and Anette sucks and whatnot, but you can't help noticing there's something so raw and sincere about Anette's unschooled voice, she has something very special, not to mention a tremendous vocal range. I've seen them live twice with Anette once and the quality of her voice and her capability to hit all those big notes with the same quality as on recording blew me away every time. To me, she even sounds better live because you can actually feel the power of the voice and see her stage presence (although she could do with some of Tarja's dress sense :P)

I know i've written a little essay here, but it something that really pisses me off :/ Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and preference, but damnit, don't start proclaiming you like the old nightwish better before you give the newest album a proper listen.

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1703 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Nightwish
you make a very good point vivaris. the fact that i'm too quick to say nightwish was better with tarja would be a mistake on my part as well as an insult to the band itself. i should give anette a chance before i decide to say that tarja was better. thank you for correcting me on my mistake. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1723 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Nightwish
Aaaaaaah Nigthwish suicidal group turned its singer! A fine mess ...

T.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1726 by WolfBloodAngel
Replied by WolfBloodAngel on topic Re:Nightwish
Ive only heard of one of Nightwish's songs...but if you tell me a couple of good ones ill listen to them....

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds