Show Navigation Menu
Media

Evanescence

More
14 years 7 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1367 by Highwayman
Evanescence was created by Highwayman
Has anyone ever seen them live? Hows amy up close?

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1372 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Evanescence Live
never had a chance to see them live but i would like to. i think amy lee has an amazing voice. my sister did some stage setup work for one of evanescences' shows in my hometown and actually got to talk to her for a short time. she said she was really nice. i still resent my sister for that. :P

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1375 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Evanescence Live
she has a very beautiful voice...:D...but i've had my evanescence period , and now i just listen to a few songs that don't remind me of bad things....

More
14 years 7 months ago #1390 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Evanescence Live
I have their live DVD, it was good from what I can remember last time I watched it. But it tended to concentrate on Amy's voice rather than the other instrumentation. But that was probably just the mix. I've never actually seen them live. I used to really like them but their second album was really pop orientated and I kind of went off them. But I do still like most songs off Fallen.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1398 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:Evanescence Live
I think Amy Lee has an amazing voice and from what I've heard from friends that have seen Evanescence live she pulls off the same quality of singing live as well, along with having a great stage presence. Personally, though I like quite a few of Evanescence's songs, and her voice is beautiful, I find Amy Lee's clinging to one style of singing too much, it all ends up sounding too similar overall. Doing a bit of singing I know it's hard to break away from that \"safety zone\" where you sing everything with a narrow style you know sounds amazing and work on and perfect a different style or extend the current one to a level where it does offer something new to the listener, but I think it's absolutely imperative that any singer making a living with his/her voice should strive to evolve vocally more than she has. Although I have no doubt they're still great live :P

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1404 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Evanescence Live
Vivaris wrote:

I think Amy Lee has an amazing voice and from what I've heard from friends that have seen Evanescence live she pulls off the same quality of singing live as well, along with having a great stage presence. Personally, though I like quite a few of Evanescence's songs, and her voice is beautiful, I find Amy Lee's clinging to one style of singing too much, it all ends up sounding too similar overall. Doing a bit of singing I know it's hard to break away from that \"safety zone\" where you sing everything with a narrow style you know sounds amazing and work on and perfect a different style or extend the current one to a level where it does offer something new to the listener, but I think it's absolutely imperative that any singer making a living with his/her voice should strive to evolve vocally more than she has. Although I have no doubt they're still great live :P

OH amy is the best i hope one day im blessed to see her live

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds