Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Cleaning Your Alchemy Items

More
13 years 9 months ago #23055 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Cleaning Pewter
I went to a nearby place to get advice on cleaning pewter.

I was told that to clean off dirt, I was just to wash it in warm, soapy water and could use an old toothbrush to help, then just to rinse it off under some running water to get rid of any bubbles. That's all the care pewter items would need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28612 by Morgana
For those who have Alchemy clothing/fabric items (t-shirts, hoodies, duvets, etc.), I'm curious as to how you'd wash it. Would you do it by hand in the sink, or chuck it in the machine with the rest of your things?

More
13 years 4 months ago #28619 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

For those who have Alchemy clothing/fabric items (t-shirts, hoodies, duvets, etc.), I'm curious as to how you'd wash it. Would you do it by hand in the sink, or chuck it in the machine with the rest of your things?

I just stick it in the machine with everything else. :blink:

More
13 years 4 months ago #28636 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

I wash them in the machine with the rest of my stuff. All turned in-side out, 40°C cotton program with special detergent for black cloths. If I have the time I try to iron all my cloths too (normal setting for cotton and naturally in-side out so that the applications don't get damaged). Works for me. The applications are very durable, but still after a couple of years you get that old used feel to the cloths. I just loathe the idea of throwing them away becasue all the designs that I have are discontinued now... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28714 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I wash them in the machine with the rest of my stuff. All turned in-side out, 40°C cotton program with special detergent for black cloths. If I have the time I try to iron all my cloths too (normal setting for cotton and naturally in-side out so that the applications don't get damaged). Works for me. The applications are very durable, but still after a couple of years you get that old used feel to the cloths. I just loathe the idea of throwing them away becasue all the designs that I have are discontinued now... :(

Thanks for the info... you too, Envy. I have a couple of band t-shirts that I wash in the same way, and they seem to be holding up OK.

I don't have any fabric items from Alchemy (aside from the poster flags), but this is useful for future reference.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28737 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Thanks for the info... you too, Envy. I have a couple of band t-shirts that I wash in the same way, and they seem to be holding up OK.

I don't have any fabric items from Alchemy (aside from the poster flags), but this is useful for future reference.

Regarding poster-flags, if they are more colourful, I'd just use the colour detergent instead of the special black cloths one. Fortunately flags don't have to be washed so often. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds