Show Navigation Menu

How was your day?

More
11 years 6 months ago #38604 by black_magnolia
I had a pretty nice weekend, with the exception that I wish I did more work for uni, but oh well... will catch up on work during the week.
Anyway, I started with kyudo training and it's been really interesting so far. :) My aikido training also showed it's worth as the sensei didn't have to correct me a lot regarding my posture and I was already mentally prepared that it will take a lot of practice before I can shoot an arrow properly, so I was quite relaxed during the whole training and just enjoyed myself. :)
This one girl who also started just this weekend, but doesn't have any martial arts background, got really frustrated today and lost a tear or two, because seemingly nothing wanted to work and she got corrected a lot... :( I hope she won't give up. I know from aikido how many people get frustrated and give up because they expect too much from themselves in the beginning... No master has ever fallen from the sky.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #38638 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: How was your day?
Mm, my day today started off well, then quickly became rubbish due to the ineptitude of a government department, meaning that I may owe nearly £500 next June for overpaid benefits, despite me telling them that I no longer required said benefits. Ho hum.

More
11 years 6 months ago #38676 by black_magnolia
I had quite a nice weekend. :) Attended a web-design workshop yesterday morning, followed by kyudo training most of the afternoon and then went out with my friends. Really had a lot of fun, the guys were quite inspired with making jocks, my stomach hurt from laughing so much. :laugh: Slept in today as we were out till early in the morning. Would have stayed longer in bed if my sensei hadn't texted me to remind me that we were cleaning out the place where our future dojo will be. The new place is in a awful state, needs a lot of renovation as it stood abandoned for a long time, so we didn't manage to clean up everything. Will probably take a couple of more days to just get the trash out of there.
And then in the evening I went to see Nick Vujicic speak. Probably you've heard of him, for those of you who haven't, you can check his webpage: www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/ Was a really motivational experience. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 5 months ago #38733 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: How was your day?
Well, I guess you could say that my day got off to a shaky start. :S I was watching TV at a little after midnight when the walls of my house started shaking. Turns out there was a 4.5 magnitude earthquake, which was totally unexpected since we pretty much never get earthquakes here. Quite unnerving but luckily, there's been no reports of injuries or damage so we have that to be thankful for at least.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
11 years 5 months ago #38737 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: How was your day?
That must have been frightening firensia! I'm glad everything is okay though.

Had kind of a blah day. Left work early cause I've been losing my voice for the last few days and was starting to have trouble breathing. Went to a doctor and found out I have bronchitis . . . again . . .

So my husband pretty much banished me to the couch after scoldong me for going to work in the first place. Figured I could at least do something constructive so I gathered up the materials to work on a wrist cuff my friend has comissioned me to make and . . . woke up two hours later. At this point I'm thinking of just giving up and going to bed . . .

More
11 years 5 months ago #38738 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: How was your day?
Glad to hear everything is okay firensia! and cem i hope you feel better soon. my day so far has been alright. pretty steady night so can't complain. just getting a little nervous since i have my physical fitness test coming up next week which i've been training like a madman to prepare. i think i've done alright, up to this point i've lost about 7 pounds so hopefully i can keep this going after my test. i usually tend to slack off after a fitness test and splurge on junkfood that i kept myself from eating so i hope i can change my ways. :P

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds