Show Navigation Menu

Gifts.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23846 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
Morgana wrote:

StephenG, do you live near to your mom? The spa idea is great, if she's that type of person. If not, maybe you could take her out for the day. Go for dinner, a movie, walk in the park... whatever she likes to do. After last year, she'd probably just love to spend time with you.

Agreed. ^.^ I think something with a personal touch might be in order, seeing as she nearly lost you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23855 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

StephenG, do you live near to your mom? The spa idea is great, if she's that type of person. If not, maybe you could take her out for the day. Go for dinner, a movie, walk in the park... whatever she likes to do. After last year, she'd probably just love to spend time with you.

Agreed. ^.^ I think something with a personal touch might be in order, seeing as she nearly lost you.

He could also join his mom in the spa, with the accident and all, I'm sure he could also use some pampering. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23877 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

He could also join his mom in the spa, with the accident and all, I'm sure he could also use some pampering. :silly:

What an idea. Win:win situation! A treat for himself and his mother. :P

More
13 years 8 months ago #23886 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Gifts.
StephenG wrote:

November 28th is my mommy's birthday

:ohmy: That's my mum's birthday as well!

I usually just end up giving people money for their birthday, unless they give me a wishlist...I do love getting giftcards for music or books though.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 8 months ago #23888 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Gifts.
black_magnolia wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

StephenG wrote:

November 28th is my mommy's birthday

:ohmy: That's my mum's birthday as well!

I usually just end up giving people money for their birthday, unless they give me a wishlist...I do love getting giftcards for music or books though.

Giftcards are a great idea when you don't know what to buy, but they can also be a bit tricky.
I once bought a Victoria Secrets gift card for a friend who loves their lingerie but when she went to the store they didn't really have anything she liked. The shop was awaiting new stock and there was just a smaller selection. She bought something but I felt like an idiot for not checking if there was something she would consider before buying a gift card.

Yeah, my brother was given a giftcard for a music store, but he could find nothing worth buying that suited his tastes. The annoying thing was, I offered to buy it off him but he declined...I could've used it.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 8 months ago #23889 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Yeah, my brother was given a giftcard for a music store, but he could find nothing worth buying that suited his tastes. The annoying thing was, I offered to buy it off him but he declined...I could've used it.

haha sounds so familiar! XD my sister would rather throw something in the garbage then let me use it. XD
I don't even know if any music store here in Croatia has the option of gift cards. Usually only book stores and some clothing stores have them. Gift cards are not really that wide spread of a thing here. Usually you're stuck with the things you get as gifts, not really easy to get them exchanged because you always need a bill and gifts usually don't go with bills... and some people get really emotional if you show them you don't really like their gift... :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds