Show Navigation Menu

ALCHEMY & METAL HAMMER COMPETITION!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #34683 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Go Envy!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34688 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Go Envy!

Haha thanks. :P Doubt I'll win, but ah well. I haven't drawn anything in so long (several years!) that it's just nice to sit down and give creativity a go. :woohoo:

I'm sure you'll come up with an idea soon. ^.^

Does anyone know if your submission has to actually be 2 and a half inches long to scale? Or does it just have to be something that can be shrunk to that size? Because I'd have a lot of problems trying to get mine to scale..

More
12 years 7 months ago #34690 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Go Envy!

Does anyone know if your submission has to actually be 2 and a half inches long to scale? Or does it just have to be something that can be shrunk to that size? Because I'd have a lot of problems trying to get mine to scale..

Hmmm... Not sure really.

I assume the pendant will be made in that size, so I think the size limit is more so that you take it into account while drawing becasue it will be quite a small pendant so you can't really incorporate a lot of detail.

I was thinking about drawing it in scale, because it's easier for me, but I think you could shrink your design on the pc after you drawn it out; anyway, nothing in the rules says you can't draw it bigger and put a note that the design submission should be scaled down to 2.5 inch etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34691 by firensia
Envy wrote:

Go Envy!

Haha thanks. :P Doubt I'll win, but ah well. I haven't drawn anything in so long (several years!) that it's just nice to sit down and give creativity a go. :woohoo:

My original sketch was just over 3 inches so I used a Photo Editing program to scale it down to size which was much easier than trying to draw my design smaller. Still not sure if that's the design I'll enter. I have a million different ideas swirling around in my head. The biggest challenge is going to be deciding which one to use. I don't usually sketch jewelery either but for some reason this competition has inspired me to try. Would absolutely love to win but good luck to everyone who's entering. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #34696 by Envy
firensia wrote:

My original sketch was just over 3 inches so I used a Photo Editing program to scale it down to size which was much easier than trying to draw my design smaller. Still not sure if that's the design I'll enter. I have a million different ideas swirling around in my head. The biggest challenge is going to be deciding which one to use. I don't usually sketch jewelery either but for some reason this competition has inspired me to try. Would absolutely love to win but good luck to everyone who's entering. :)

Ahh good luck to you too! :)

I think I'm just going to leave mine as it is, as I have no idea how to scale it down and the idea in my head isn't anymore detailed than things Alchemy have already done. In fact, so far my idea is rather plain.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34772 by firensia
Finally submitted my entry. Wasn't my original design since I thought that would have been too detailed. I swear, I must have redesigned my entry 10 times and was still second-guessing but I figure initial instinct is usually right so I went for it. :) I'm quite satisfied with the result. Would love to win. Does anyone know when the results will be announced? Don't remember seeing anything about that in the Terms and Conditions.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds