Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Favorite online game

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32009 by black_magnolia
Kuroboshi wrote:

I tried it awhile back, I believe, it's set in space and you basically have to shoot and collect stuff, correct?

Played it when I got \"The Final Frontier\" limited edition and got pretty annoyed at it, controls were pretty iffy.

Yes, that's it! :woohoo: Yup, the controls annoyed me as well, I managed to play it for some hours, but as with most games these days I try to stop playing before I get hooked becasue then I waste just too much time which I could spend doing something more useful, like studying. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32010 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Favorite online game
black_magnolia wrote:

Yes, that's it! :woohoo: Yup, the controls annoyed me as well, I managed to play it for some hours, but as with most games these days I try to stop playing before I get hooked becasue then I waste just too much time which I could spend doing something more useful, like studying. :silly:

:P I find online games are actually better for me not to get too hooked onto, as compared to console games that have stories etc..I deliberately avoid things like guilds especially with games that encourage teamwork, just to get rid of any commitments that might be created towards a game or people. Usually means I get bored of online games pretty quick, and keeps my gaming under control as I'm not committed to anything.

The boredom phase usually makes me resort back to studying and eventually I just get carried away with that, which comes with the benefit of not having the guilty feeling you get when you're playing games and not studying with your time. :woohoo:

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32019 by Luvietje
Replied by Luvietje on topic Re: Favorite online game
The point is a \"real\" game has a lot more effort put in, wich means it will probably be better in graphics and have more content. Thus more enjoyable. That doesn't make browser games any less addictable.

It was cold when darkness fell,
The night longed for a child.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32020 by black_magnolia
Luvietje wrote:

The point is a \"real\" game has a lot more effort put in, wich means it will probably be better in graphics and have more content. Thus more enjoyable. That doesn't make browser games any less addictable.

You're still missing the point... oh, well...
So, you are basically trying to say that only your opinion/preference (= \"better in graphics and have more content. Thus more enjoyable.\") is right? and that alone makes a game a 'real' game? *face-palm*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32021 by Luvietje
Replied by Luvietje on topic Re: Favorite online game
First of all, wiki isn't always right, everyone can edit it.
But I'm not getting back into this so w/e.

It was cold when darkness fell,
The night longed for a child.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #32022 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Favorite online game
Oh yes...\"Real\" games have more effort...

Have you any idea how complex flash can be to use if you want to do some finer points? How many years it takes to get to that level? How long it can take to develop a simple game?

I take it that you do not.

Meanwhile, let's look at Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Storyline: Very basic, could be thought of in a few days.

Engine: Same game engine as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. That's several years old.

So really, all they appear to have done is created some new areas, done some reskinning and they were done.

Let's take Dragon Age II.

Time after release of Dragon Age: Origins: 18 months.

Some basic flash animations, such as the Madness Combat series take months to complete and they are generally quite short.

Sure, I'll grant that AAA titles often have huge teams (which you should really consider too) but when some parts of it are lazily done (there's about...5/10 different dungeons in DA2 and they simply reuse them with the difference of a locked/unlocked door etc...)

As for Call of Duty? Yeah...I'm betting they have the texture files for character models and such there so they simply need to change those rather than create a new one from scratch.

Flash/Java games are no less real games than AAA titles are.

And really...AAA titles are hardly more enjoyable simply for the basis of \"better graphics and more content\", I've replayed older games over and over and enjoyed them more than more recent games and they have less content.

Hell, shorter games on my GBA I've completed more due to the fact they're simple and more addictive.

You're really coming across as elitist which isn't the best thing.

And really...You're saying Wikipedia isn't accurate because anyone can edit it? Did you even read it? Better yet...Read it then look at the friggin' references they have at the bottom.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Kuroboshi.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds