Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

role playing games

More
14 years 5 months ago #5356 by black_magnolia
Leheara wrote:

well the true definition of an RPG is simply that it is a role playing game, meaning you are taking on a role other then yourself so even a computer game can count. The big difference is a persons choice in social interaction table tops, LARPs and so forth are for those that want human contact when playing.

You're right Leheara. I just stated my opinion on the subject. Some pc games are labeled rpg but don't really give so many role playing options, tell some kind a story while you play through the game with your actions in the game doing nothing important to the game-play...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5402 by vampirelycanthrope13
I tried to play D&D a while ago, but neither me or my friends could get into it too much. I liked all the cool figures, but there wasn't a very good pace to the games we played, so we got bored. I still have all my cool looking D&D figures though.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5409 by Leheara
Replied by Leheara on topic Re:role playing games
From the sounds of that you didn't have a very experienced DM. Having someone running the game who loves it can make all the difference. The group I play with regularly has a party of characters that can completely derail a mood in seconds and keep it from ever getting back on track just because we role play them so heavily. We need to have a very understanding DM when we play these characters because a DM can get really frustrated when the mood takes off in a different direction.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5422 by nogard
Replied by nogard on topic Re:role playing games
hai. (yes)
i love rpg, well, not all of them, but most of rpg games.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25963 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re:role playing games
i have played a few rpg games. I like the old turn based d&d games. i still have pool of radiance, ruins of myth drannor for pc and I'm looking to buy the baldur's gate collection. does anyone know wheter or not they work on windows vista? and my poll of Radiance needs a patch, does anyone know where i can get one?

More
13 years 5 months ago #26876 by Leheara
Replied by Leheara on topic Re:role playing games
Baldur's gate runs on vista, I still play it.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds