Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
13 years 2 months ago #30042 by CorpseQueen
I've just begun to proxy some cards... I don't got money to either buy or get something interesting to trade :P But my blue-black mill-deck became a lot better with two Jace the Mindsculptor in it ;) And a lot of other stuff as well...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30215 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
what does everyone think of the new set from what they have seen? i'm at pre-release tomorrow, and i'm playing mirran as it looks a lot better then phyrexia this time round

More
13 years 2 months ago #30267 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
King Pete wrote:

what does everyone think of the new set from what they have seen? i'm at pre-release tomorrow, and i'm playing mirran as it looks a lot better then phyrexia this time round

:huh: Can't say I've heard anything about it..

Ever since our local card shop/tournament location disappeared, I've been in the dark really. Probably for the best - I've saved a ton of cash lately.

Tell us how it goes?

I've just had a peek at the site and to be honest, not too keen on the newer stuff (but my opinion's generally based purely on looks, as that's what I collect for). :woohoo:

More
13 years 2 months ago #30310 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
i managed to build a white/red battle cry deck, which took 7th place out of 24. got enough cards to fill the deck out to turn it into a 60 card standard deck rather than the 40 card deck you build for the tournament. mirran seems a lot stronger than phyrexia now, mainly because phyrexia is too limited to what it does

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30569 by iHauntTheSepulchre
As I have mentioned before, I only collect M:TG for the gorgeous artwork but I do know a little (I stress the little bit) about the game - I bought a booster pack for Alara Reborn and in it was Maelstrom Nexus, which of course go me very excited being a mythic rare.
This now leads to my question - how many mythic rares have you ever found from booster packs?
This is an unrelated question - basic lands can be used in any deck regardless of which series it comes from right?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by iHauntTheSepulchre. Reason: Added another question.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30579 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
the only thing I have to say is that I'm concerned. the set is almost equally balanced in the two factions and I am on the mirran side but I wonder if the next set would be the destruction of Mirrodin or the defeat of phyrexia. I hope for the mirrans to win and would be very upset with wizards if they make new phirexia. Btw my myr deck with the add of some new cards from besieged is much stronger than before and added to itself that kind of aggressive power it lacked before.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds