Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

Magic: The Gathering

More
13 years 4 months ago #28382 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Ok, that makes more sense now, though I'm still kinda confused as to why that happens in the first place.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28386 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
it's just that in vintage you can do all sorts of combos with old and new cards, in extended you can only use some of them and in standard you have to play and test the new cards so that the too strong decks can be banned. I think my deck will be totally banned in a couple of years just like the affinity deck. if you play with a vintage deck against a deck that can use only new cards you will obviously win because of the infinite combos you can create so they have to be separated. and it's even a matter of fair play, in vintage there are almost only people that started playing magic way back on years, like me, and have cards that you can't find in shops anymore. in standard and extended you always find decks that can be built in any moment without searching for cards from collectors. just that and another bunch of boring things

More
13 years 4 months ago #28469 by TSTR
Replied by TSTR on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
I played Magic few years ago.

I've full UB Reanimator. My favourite combo - Swamp->Dark Ritual->Entomb->Exhume->Akroma, Angel of Wrath in first turn ^^

More
13 years 3 months ago #28818 by iHauntTheSepulchre
metaller wrote:

it's just that in vintage you can do all sorts of combos with old and new cards, in extended you can only use some of them and in standard you have to play and test the new cards so that the too strong decks can be banned. I think my deck will be totally banned in a couple of years just like the affinity deck. if you play with a vintage deck against a deck that can use only new cards you will obviously win because of the infinite combos you can create so they have to be separated. and it's even a matter of fair play, in vintage there are almost only people that started playing magic way back on years, like me, and have cards that you can't find in shops anymore. in standard and extended you always find decks that can be built in any moment without searching for cards from collectors. just that and another bunch of boring things

Ah right then. Thanks, I understand now!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 3 months ago #28819 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
just slapped a blue black mill deck together, should work quite well, but not had time to test it.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28841 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Magic: The Gathering
..What's a 'mill deck'?

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds