Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Dragons

More
14 years 5 months ago #9115 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Dragons
Back to what Skie was saying, it is just like the story Beowulf. Grendel is portrayed as a vicious monster who has the death of mankind on his to-do list. But if you read Grendel by John Gardner, from the \"monster's\" viewpoint, it gives a totally different description of the same events. Misunderstandings carry the whole world forward.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9124 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dragons
Yes, and there was even a movie. The beginning is sad. Grendel and his father are running through a field from a band of savage soldiers who kill the father. Grendel hides off the side of a cliff and his hatred for man comes because they killed his father. I've never felt so much compassion toward a beastly creature before. The strange part is that the HOT witch in the movie has sex with Grendel and bears his child. THUS, hinting that Grendel was actually human, maybe a deform or something.

ALSO, it's theorized by dragonologists that if dragons are in fact still alive, they are either hiding in the deep blue sea or high in the unreachable mountains. Since humans moved into their hunting grounds, they were forced to live under us or above us. In China, there are said to be sightings of long, lizard-like creatures as big as tigers hiding in the bamboo forests where man doesn't travel. In Australia there is said to be large lizards living in the heart of the continent. Of course, because of the harsh living conditions, humans don't generally go there. So, there might be dragon-kind still thriving to this day, just in all of the places we don't look.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9139 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Dragons
I love both! But i ave a preference for the european.

(Do you know what is good with older subjects? Is that it can repeat its response to the \"new on the site\" know to read it\"...)

More
14 years 5 months ago #9143 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Dragons
I recently purchased a statue in the shape of a dragon holding two candlesticks that I just finished the completely reshape to eliminate its faults.
I am happy with the result.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9166 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dragons
Oh wow, reshaping? What was it made out of? Do you have any before and after pics?

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9185 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Dragons
I like those Daedroth as well, somehow I've come to believe them as the most loyal of all things I've summoned; and the best fighter.

I believe dragons exist, not sure I believe the sightings tho. People can believe to see everything... And what I know, the dragons lived trough the disaster that killed the dinosaurs under water, so maybe that's where they are now.
Hopefully we will never know - hopefully we will never ever see them again, not untill they can put humans in their place. Because if there is something like dragons out there, and people discover that, guess what will happen then... they'll build a zoo, with a special center for 'research', meaning experiments. Like the one 'how long can dragons live in captivity?'

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds