Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Dragons

More
14 years 5 months ago #9044 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Dragons
About what SkieShauphen said... just got to think of a scene I got to witness in the game Oblivion. Two guards with bows where shooting at each other, screaming bad things to each other and totally ignoring me and the ogre that had followed me.
I understood that this started with them trying to shoot the same deers (or such) and one hit the other. And because guys can't just stop and talk about things, they descided to fight to death, and the winner was right. Untill the ogre ate them both... :huh:

A metaphore for mankind maybe? Hopefully the ogre repsesents the dragons... :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9053 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dragons
I second that. It was up in the mountains wasn't it? They're always shooting each other when I go up there. Good items they drop too. I usually get the Unicorn to kill them though.
But I had a similar situation. I got into a fight with a giant bear and a guard comes out of nowhere to fight against it. I'm trying to shoot the damn bear and I accidentally hit the guard. He turns around and comes straight at me. My eyes were like (0.0) So I've got both of these enemies now and to even the odds I quickly summoned a Dragoth. The big alligator like creatures. They are my favorite because it was the closest I could get to summoning a dragon. I watched as both enemies pitted against the Dragoth and I jumped up onto a safe rock. My Dragoth won of course. I think that's more of a metaphor for how I feel about the world. Humans and creatures should just get eaten by my tamed Dragons. It would solve so many problems.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9080 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Dragons
Thank you very much for your description of the relationship between humans and dragons Skie. It was very well put and really put into words thoughts that I've been having difficulty getting across. Very well put. Whenever something is strange or shows power greater than that of a human we react with fear and aggression. It is a sad failing of human kind . . .

More
14 years 5 months ago #9088 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Dragons
StephenG wrote:

Amazing how something that isn't supposed to have existed can make its way across so many miles and eras in time,isn't it?

Very true. It's the same with other \"make-believe\" things as well, such as ghosts, and belief in an after-life of some sort. I figure there has to be some truth to these things, if so many separate cultures believed in them, with no possible way of contacting each other or knowing of each other's beliefs.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9100 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Dragons
Yes, and thank you.
This is yet another reason why I have little faith in man-kind as a whole. When it comes to the paranormal. We seek to discover what it is so we can find out how to rid ourselves of them. Did anyone stop to think that maybe the 'spirits' didn't want to leave and that's why they are still here?
After-life: So many people are afraid of death. What if death is just the next phase to a higher self conscious? To fear it and attempt to put off death as long as possible would be to deny becoming a greater being.
Mythical creatures: Yeti, Chupacabra, Sea Sperpents, Dragons, ect. Many people want to kill these creatures so they can no longer 'plague' our planet. Who said this was OUR planet? Those creatures have every right to be here and most likely the alleged attacks are just to defend their homes or family.
Extra-terrestrial: I honestly believe that when we finally make known contact with aliens that it would quickly turn into a war. Humans are too greedy to just let anything out of their grasp. They would attempt to get the new technology and secrets any way possible. That movie...District 9. It's about aliens who crash to Earth and what do the humans do? Trap them and perform experiments on them. All the aliens want to do is go home but nooooooo. :(

I have no faith left.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9108 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Dragons
It's hard to have faith when most recorded contact with things beyond our understanding is met with open hostility. Maybe the reason you don't see dragons is not because they don't exist. Maybe because they know to stay away from us pesky humans.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds