Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Werewolves, friend or foe?

More
11 years 7 months ago #38496 by Contesa Curtis
I've always thought werewolves were just a form that vampires could take. In Dracula the count spoke to them and became a black dog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38498 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Dracula was a shapeshifing vampire if I'm correct. It all depends on the mythology you read. There are various interpretations.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #39191 by Wulfaz Wodensohn
I know this post is really quite old, but there were the Ulfhednar warriors in ancient Scandinavia, who would don wolf skin shirts(called Vargstakkar)and believe themselves to have been possessed by the spirit of the wolf. It's a form of lycanthropy, I guess. They were considered to be Odin's special warriors, Good Guys indeed!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #39193 by iHauntTheSepulchre
That's really cool!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
10 years 3 months ago #39641 by Dreagan Shayde
I also think that it's pretty cool that werewolves are portrayed as the good guys/girls. I think the main reason that the legends of old about werewolves depict them as bad, is because of the human fear. Humans fear that wich they cannot understand. So just picture it: human villagesddiscover a new beast. They fear the unknown and in turn fear the beast. They then start blaming their bad fortune on the beasts. Humans love a scapegoat.

Deep in the earth my love is lying, and I must weep alone.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds