Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Interesting Gothic Websites

More
12 years 6 months ago #35757 by notice_the_blinking
The inactivity I have noticed, but I think it's more a matter of exclusion... The vibe there is super clique-ey. Also seems that if people ARE talking, it's only ever arguing, backstabbing or gossip, with an unecessarily INSANE amount of overly-indulgent self-pitying whining.

Hah, sorry... I guess that's kind of mean!

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35761 by firensia
notice_the_blinking wrote:

The inactivity I have noticed, but I think it's more a matter of exclusion... The vibe there is super clique-ey. Also seems that if people ARE talking, it's only ever arguing, backstabbing or gossip, with an unecessarily INSANE amount of overly-indulgent self-pitying whining.

Not if it's true. :) I've never really spent enough time over there to really notice anything. I always browse threads about DIY so it's less opinionated. You don't have the whole \"No! That movie is most certainly NOT goth!\" \"Yes, it is!\" \"It is not!\" debate over in that section. I guess there are gonna be annoying people in every culture/subculture and evidently the internet is a way for people to express themselves so it'll come out. Also, you obviously can't control who posts if the mods are all inactive. I'd been on other forum sites before this one and there were always idiots. That's why I'm really glad to have found this place. We don't get into arguments over here. Maybe there aren't enough of us to start a flame war. lol

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 6 months ago #35763 by notice_the_blinking
firensia wrote:

Not if it's true. :) I've never really spent enough time over there to really notice anything. I always browse threads about DIY so it's less opinionated. You don't have the whole \"No! That movie is most certainly NOT goth!\" \"Yes, it is!\" \"It is not!\" debate over in that section. I guess there are gonna be annoying people in every culture/subculture and evidently the internet is a way for people to express themselves so it'll come out. Also, you obviously can't control who posts if the mods are all inactive. I'd been on other forum sites before this one and there were always idiots. That's why I'm really glad to have found this place. We don't get into arguments over here. Maybe there aren't enough of us to start a flame war. lol

Yeah agreed :)
What I didn't like about it so much are the \"cults\" in which you have to pass certain criteria in being 'allowed' to join... There's actually one for 'attractive' people where you're rejected if you're not pretty enough! Nice thing is I guess that overly insecure people will tend to stay in their self-made bubble :) so yay! good for us

But also to be fair there is one super awesome photography group there that is run by some really lovely ladies... The DIY one I saw I was excited about, but I always seem to come across them at times when I need to channel my time into something else so I didn't join it yet... Counting down til the end of exams though!

Fire walk with me

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35765 by Envy

Totally agree actually.

I can't imagine making much of an effort to try and join in with their 'community' just because they don't seem all that open to new people.

They seem to be pretty close-knit.

That might be of interest to you all anyway.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Envy.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35772 by firensia

What I didn't like about it so much are the \"cults\" in which you have to pass certain criteria in being 'allowed' to join... There's actually one for 'attractive' people where you're rejected if you're not pretty enough! Nice thing is I guess that overly insecure people will tend to stay in their self-made bubble :) so yay! good for us

That is the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. People should not be judged by the way they look, least of all by people that claim to be part of the gothic subculture. This isn't a beauty pageant, it's a community of like-minded people that appreciate beauty in all its forms. Or at least that's my opinion of it. Everyone has their own ideas but when those ideas mean excluding people from anything, I tend not to take them seriously.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 6 months ago #35773 by notice_the_blinking
firensia wrote:

That is the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. People should not be judged by the way they look, least of all by people that claim to be part of the gothic subculture. This isn't a beauty pageant, it's a community of like-minded people that appreciate beauty in all its forms. Or at least that's my opinion of it. Everyone has their own ideas but when those ideas mean excluding people from anything, I tend not to take them seriously.

Amen sister... Thank the Mother I found y'all!

Fire walk with me

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds