Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Make-up

More
12 years 5 months ago #35905 by notice_the_blinking
firensia wrote:

notice_the_blinking wrote:

Also, if you cannot find pale enough foundation (finding ANY foundation here is issue enough!) You can use any old liquid foundation and just mix in talcum powder to your liking (personal experience tip: if you are like myself and usually wear darker colours, do this BEFORE you get dressed!). This is super easy and also super cheap! Also fun for dramatic shading if you put the foundation on first and then rub powder in after :laugh:

That's a good tip! :) I know my grandmother mixes white powder into her loose foundation to lighten it (she's really, really pale and never finds her right shade in stores) but I personally only use liquid foundation so I didn't think I could do this with it as well. Thank you for mentioning it because as it happens, my local pharmacy is out of my shade of Revlon Colorstay Foundation (best foundation ever btw) and my Summer shade is too dark now. I don't know what it is but the second Fall starts, I get 1-2 shades paler for no apparent reason. I was barely even in the sun this Summer so it's not to say I had a tan.

Pleasure! Glad it was useful to somebody :) You really can do it with liquid foundation! Bit messy the first couple of times 'til you get the hang of it tho... Also better to get a seperate pot for it after you mix (if you do a bit at a time and not just enough for the day) so you don't have to change the whole bottle. Only thing is to make sure you mix it in really really well; lumpy foundation is not something anyone desires I guess! (Yeah, obvious point, I know!)

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35941 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Gothic Make-up
notice_the_blinking wrote:

Pleasure! Glad it was useful to somebody :) You really can do it with liquid foundation! Bit messy the first couple of times 'til you get the hang of it tho... Also better to get a seperate pot for it after you mix (if you do a bit at a time and not just enough for the day) so you don't have to change the whole bottle. Only thing is to make sure you mix it in really really well; lumpy foundation is not something anyone desires I guess! (Yeah, obvious point, I know!)

Actually, I got a relative of mine to buy my right foundation in the US since they were taking a trip over there so I didn't get the chance to try the powder trick yet. However, a friend of mine is having a costume party next weekend and I'll probably dress as a vampire (cliché, I know) so I may well lighten my foundation then. Thanks for the tips!

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds