Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Make-up

More
12 years 5 months ago #35762 by notice_the_blinking
Just to throw my ten cents in :)

I've tried \"StarGazer\" make up before (some one sent it to me from UK) and it's pretty good, but I found that the more vibrant colours lack staying power in their colour intensity once you put it on. (Please bear in mind though that where I am, unless one is willing to spend hundreds on label brands one must settle for no-name Chinese compacts from the fleamarkets... So yeah what the hell do I know!?)

Also, if you cannot find pale enough foundation (finding ANY foundation here is issue enough!) You can use any old liquid foundation and just mix in talcum powder to your liking (personal experience tip: if you are like myself and usually wear darker colours, do this BEFORE you get dressed!). This is super easy and also super cheap! Also fun for dramatic shading if you put the foundation on first and then rub powder in after :laugh:

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35766 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Gothic Make-up
Funny you should bump this post up now!

I bought some Stargazer white liquid foundation the other day to play with in preparation for Halloween. :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #35770 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Gothic Make-up
notice_the_blinking wrote:

Also, if you cannot find pale enough foundation (finding ANY foundation here is issue enough!) You can use any old liquid foundation and just mix in talcum powder to your liking (personal experience tip: if you are like myself and usually wear darker colours, do this BEFORE you get dressed!). This is super easy and also super cheap! Also fun for dramatic shading if you put the foundation on first and then rub powder in after :laugh:

That's a good tip! :) I know my grandmother mixes white powder into her loose foundation to lighten it (she's really, really pale and never finds her right shade in stores) but I personally only use liquid foundation so I didn't think I could do this with it as well. Thank you for mentioning it because as it happens, my local pharmacy is out of my shade of Revlon Colorstay Foundation (best foundation ever btw) and my Summer shade is too dark now. I don't know what it is but the second Fall starts, I get 1-2 shades paler for no apparent reason. I was barely even in the sun this Summer so it's not to say I had a tan.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #35771 by notice_the_blinking
Hah! The universe is funny that way huh?
I'm kind of lost on what to do for Halloween, I think I'll have to check out the links further up... Fun stuff... I'm especially excited about this lace one that got people talking; I did a show once with 'my kids' that was a condensed interpretative take on \"The Tempest\" where we used loads of feathers, sequins and lace in the make up so I'm interested in how she does it in the tutorial... Who knows, maybe I can add some further tips here.

Best thing on using lace is how you can customise it yourself! :P

Edit 21-10: I've just noticed this, but this post is in the wrong place and was a reply! (That's why it doesn't make sense as a post on its own) obviously my browser just decided to do its own thing!

Through the darkness of future past;
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire walk with me
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by notice_the_blinking.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35887 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Gothic Make-up
Gosh, I'm 36 years old and have never mastered the art of make-up (I don't really like wearing it anyway, but being female it's kind of expected for special occasions) - I've even had trouble in various workplaces because I don't wear it and won't be forced to. But I love the effects others can get with it, it's just not for me, and when I have to wear it, i wear as little as possible, because it always feels like I've got an oily film on my skin, no matter what brand I try.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35890 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Gothic Make-up
DarkFlights wrote:

Gosh, I'm 36 years old and have never mastered the art of make-up (I don't really like wearing it anyway, but being female it's kind of expected for special occasions) - I've even had trouble in various workplaces because I don't wear it and won't be forced to. But I love the effects others can get with it, it's just not for me, and when I have to wear it, i wear as little as possible, because it always feels like I've got an oily film on my skin, no matter what brand I try.

I just learned by experimenting with it. It helped that my mom was an Avon rep so I always had an endless supply of it. :lol: There are some really good tutorials on Youtube about makeup too. Starting with the basics. It's really not that difficult. Also, not everyone needs foundation so if you have clear skin, you can get away with not using it.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds