Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothing through the seasons

More
14 years 3 months ago #10815 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Winter Gothing
I agree Thurysaz, I'm almost always hiding a fishnet or mesh under all of my clothes.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10846 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Winter Gothing
All very good suggestions my dears! I'll take it under advisement and see what I can make work for me. Someone definitely has to start designing gothy winter clothes though. What a wouldn't give for a scarf or mittens emblazoned with bats, spiders . . . or dare I say mice? :) Perhaps someday . . .

More
14 years 3 months ago #10848 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Winter Gothing
Uh - With it being freezing over in England, I usually stick on as many thin layers as possible for my top half, then a corset (which really keeps you warm anyway?) and then a shrug to cover my arms if they're bare - If it's really cold, my long coat on top of all of that.

For keeping my legs warm..I'll stick on one or two pairs of thicker, opaque tights (they seem warmer to me), and sometimes, long socks on top of those (thigh high)..Usually wear boots in the winter..Sometimes I'll switch the socks for boots and boot-covers..After wearing all of that, I can basically still wear a short/med length skirt and not feel the cold too much.

The look might not work for others, but it works for me.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10866 by vampirelycanthrope13
I recently bought some amazing gothic themed gloves that have the skeleton pattern of your hands printed on the back. I have one set of proper gloves and another pair of fingerless ones, and I wear them pretty much all the time now it's got so cold.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10874 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Winter Gothing
I saw some gloves like that at Wal-Mart the other day. They looked interesting but I couldn't really see myself wearing them. I was thinking about maybe cutting off the fingers but I don't know if it would look alright.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11166 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Winter Gothing
My ways of keeping warm:

Keep you feet warm! Thick soles does the trick. In the shoes. Plateu is a great thing (like my newest shoes :blush: ), and buy some cheap fleece-soles to but in them and wear stockings and knee high sock and you'll be able to get out with a skirt...
And too keep your throath warm; that way you'll stay healty... (Not like me a windy day and open jacket... was halfway sick for several weeks). Shoulders and arms as well, but buy a black bolero and you're goth and warm.
And then my long leather coat (or normal leather jacket) with a warm shirt under, which may not be much goth without the leather over it, but you don't have to wear it without the jacket...

I have a nice pair of gloves that I love - not goth alone, but with me in general they fit perfectly and are comfy. For more then 10 under I got a pari of totally not gothic gloves (they don't even have fingers) but they keep me warm and I got my leather coat and black makeup, so I'm fine. Rather warm outside and gothic inside.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds