Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

MUST READ: Replying to Newcomers

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30026 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Replying to Newcomers
dane_train_05 wrote:

It is rather odd that so many people signed up and then they forget. I know I get busy sometimes but I try to be on at least once a week.

'Tis odd, isn't it.

When I first joined, I lurked around a bit, didn't post, but just basically peeked to get a feel for the forum (I'm usually intimidated by either the formality or the idiocy encountered on some forums). It was when I decided that I'd probably stick to posting that I bothered to make a first post.

I never made an introduction thread (too shy) but if I was going to, it'd have been around about that stage when I would've found it appropriate.

I think I've preeetty much stuck to posting on here daily for the duration I've joined..But maybe that has something to do with being a student who has more spare time than say, someone in full-time employment..But yeah, maybe it would be some advice to newbies to actually hang around and get a feel for this forum first, before posting an introductory thread? If you had the time and interest to come on and look around for more than just a day, then maybe it's appropriate to actually join and take part in some good ol' discussion.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30036 by black_magnolia
dane_train_05 wrote:

It is rather odd that so many people signed up and then they forget. I know I get busy sometimes but I try to be on at least once a week.

It's not odd at all. People sign up to forums for different reasons.
Just for this particular forum here I could think of a dozen reasons why someone would sign up but not post.

I just opened this thread because of people bumping up old intro threads which I find is pretty pointless and annoying...

I must also conclude that people obviously agree with the proposed 7 day limit, otherwise they would have said something, so I'll assume it's finally agreed and this topic can be closed.
I'll lock this thread at the end of the month; just to give some more time to anyone that needs a bit more time to bring up the courage to post their view here...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds