Show Navigation Menu
Introduce yourself to the community here.

MUST READ: Replying to Newcomers

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #29612 by black_magnolia
I have to bring this up, becasue I'm sure I'm not not the only one that is thinking like this.

I'm pretty annoyed with users that aren't regulars (and I'm using this in the broadest sense possible) on the forum replying to introduction threads two or more weeks after they were first posted.

It may seem nice for a new member to be welcomed by many other users, but let's face it, a period of one week is more then enough for the regulars to reply.

Some people make an intro thread and never come back to the forum, so especially for such users I don't want to see an intro thread being bumped up.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'd kindly ask that everybody keeps track of these 7 days in the future.

This is open to discussion, so you can write your thoughts and maybe we can get to a different agreement together when I see what you think about this... but,
IN SHORT: DON'T REPLY TO AN INTRO THREAD IF IT'S OLDER THEN 7 DAYS!!!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29618 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Replying to Newcomers
Oh, I agree.

I think it's especially silly when a newcomer welcomes people who've posted introduction threads *before* they posted theirs (i.e. was here before them).

More
13 years 3 months ago #29626 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oh, I agree.

I think it's especially silly when a newcomer welcomes people who've posted introduction threads *before* they posted theirs (i.e. was here before them).

I agree about that too! I think I've also addressed it before, or I've pm-ed the users that did that with a warning, I don't remember really...

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29896 by xXzetsumeiXx
Some people make an intro thread and never come back to the forum, so especially for such users I don't want to see an intro thread being bumped up.

I have to agree with you that it's annoying for someone to make a thread and never come back. I'm also sorry to say that it might apply to me... I hate it :S

Really wish I could get online more and keep up with everyone!

More
13 years 2 months ago #29910 by black_magnolia
xXzetsumeiXx wrote:

I have to agree with you that it's annoying for someone to make a thread and never come back. I'm also sorry to say that it might apply to me... I hate it :S

Really wish I could get online more and keep up with everyone!

Don't worry, that doesn't apply to you. ;)

I didn't think about those that made and intro thread and then lurked in the shadows of the forum because they are too shy to post more. I'm fine with those.
There are members that literally sign up, make an intro thread and never ever log in again. Makes even welcoming them stupid, but hey you never know if they will change their mind and come back one day...
But also generally I don't see a reason to bump up very old intro threads. If you want to contact a member then pm them and wait till they one day log in to reply to you. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30016 by dane_train_05
It is rather odd that so many people signed up and then they forget. I know I get busy sometimes but I try to be on at least once a week.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds