Show Navigation Menu
Media

Anne Rice

More
14 years 5 months ago #7295 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Anne Rice
Haven't had a chance to read any of her books yet. The only one I own is Servant of the Bones but I wish I had the vampire novels she wrote about Lestat.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7322 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Anne Rice
anastasia13 wrote:

Course Vampire Chronicles....but Exit to Eden was a trip...

Have you read her Sleeping Beauty trilogy? She wrote it under the pen-name of A.N. Roquelaure. It's the sleeping beauty fairytale, with an adult twist. If you liked Exit to Eden, give them a try.

I own most of her books, although it's been a while since I re-read any of them. The Vampire Lestat and The Witching Hour are a couple of my favourites.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13614 by EmmaLee28
Silly silly...:P
Speaking of vampires, what's the general opinion of Anne Rice's interpretation of vamps here?

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #13617 by scootiebee
I actually haven't read any Ann Rice. I didn't want to jump on THAT bandwagon! Ha! Maybe I should?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13618 by EmmaLee28
Ooooh yes you should! Hehe when speaking of vampires, I think Anne Rice is mandatory:)
Yeah her vampires are more like \"real\" vampires, but they have more of a personality than the Dracula type novel. She gave vampires a soul, if you will, and her books are a wonderful read!

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #13626 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Anne Rice
I'd recommend reading Interview with a Vampire and The Vampire Lestat as they are of some real value. The others are somewhat boring as Rice tries to pump the money out of the 'bandwagon'.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds