Show Navigation Menu
Media

Anime & Manga

More
11 years 7 months ago #38608 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re: Anime & Manga
So just out of curiousity, if you could be any anime or manga character or have any of their abilities, who would it be and what abilities would you have? and why?

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38613 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Anime & Manga
Veszdrin wrote:

So just out of curiousity, if you could be any anime or manga character or have any of their abilities, who would it be and what abilities would you have? and why?

I'd be Alucard from Hellsing.

Abilities: immortality, invulnerability, advanced regeneration, superhuman senses, superhuman speed, superhuman strength, intangibility, defiance/manipulation of gravity, shape shifting, teleportation, telepathy, hypnosis, sharpshooting skills, summons of familiars, creation of fledgelings, advanced combat skills, memory absorption (through victims' blood), high resistance to most vampire weaknesses etc.

and why? well, you can't get more bad-ass then Alucard. ;) :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38617 by Veszdrin
wow. he pretty much sounds like a straight bad-ass. i've never actually sat down and watched Hellsing but i might just do that. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
11 years 7 months ago #38619 by black_magnolia
Veszdrin wrote:

wow. he pretty much sounds like a straight bad-ass. i've never actually sat down and watched Hellsing but i might just do that. :)

You really should, it's a great anime and manga. :)
I must admit I prefer the German dub; I watched both the original Japanese and English dub, but none sound anywhere near as good as the German version. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 7 months ago #38623 by Veszdrin
yeah, i like the japanese versions of anime better simply because they seem more raw and vulgar than the english versions. it seems like when they dub animes in english they kind of censor it a little. right now i'm in the middle of re watching DBZ and G-Gundam and afterwards gonna move on to Kaze no Stigma and Hellsing :laugh:

More
11 years 7 months ago #38624 by black_magnolia
I generally don't like the English dubs because I think they do a pretty bad job at dubbing. Most often then not it feels just like someone is just reading the text... :S

That's the reason why I prefer the Germans because they really do a great job and act out the text so you feel the voice and actions of the characters are really connected.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds