Show Navigation Menu
Media

Anime & Manga

More
13 years 5 months ago #27545 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Anime & Manga
King Pete wrote:

try ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, that's quite good.

As good as the anime is, you can't get better than the first movie and the mangas.

Likely you'd be able to find \"Ghost in the Shell\" and \"Ghost in the Shell: Innocence\" in a box set for a fairly cheap price on DVD, though there is the option of watching a fansub online (some people dislike dubs and I have to agree for some).

Hah...I remember I first read \"The Catcher in the Rye\" because it was a theme behind Stand Alone Complex but I remember liking 2nd Gig more than the first, though that was due to preference.

Don't watch it expecting just a lot of action, there's a lot more to it than that.

Price here for a single volume is £9, depending on the manga and format. Well, once you factor in that the place you should buy manga from around here has a \"3 for 2\" offer on all manga, it goes down to around £6 each, provided you buy 3 at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27563 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re: Anime & Manga
Kuroboshi wrote:

King Pete wrote:

try ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, that's quite good.

As good as the anime is, you can't get better than the first movie and the mangas.

Likely you'd be able to find \"Ghost in the Shell\" and \"Ghost in the Shell: Innocence\" in a box set for a fairly cheap price on DVD, though there is the option of watching a fansub online (some people dislike dubs and I have to agree for some).

Hah...I remember I first read \"The Catcher in the Rye\" because it was a theme behind Stand Alone Complex but I remember liking 2nd Gig more than the first, though that was due to preference.

Don't watch it expecting just a lot of action, there's a lot more to it than that.

Price here for a single volume is £9, depending on the manga and format. Well, once you factor in that the place you should buy manga from around here has a \"3 for 2\" offer on all manga, it goes down to around £6 each, provided you buy 3 at a time.

I've seen the first ghost in the shell movie, my brother has it on video. can't watych it now though, cos i haven't had a video player in years. gunna have to find innocence, and possible both series of s.a.c cos i missed half the firsat series, and the sky channel that played them shut down before i could watch second gig

More
13 years 5 months ago #27565 by Kuroboshi
Well, there's actually 3 movies.

The third is \"Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society\"

Takes place a few years after 2nd Gig.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27572 by King Pete
aaah yeah, i remember now. i saw it on hmv at some point, but didn't notew the price cos that wasn't what I was looking for at the time :P

More
13 years 5 months ago #27573 by King Pete
just checked on hmv and there are 5 films listed. there's ghost in the shell, Innocense, S.A.C individual 11, S.A.C, the laughing man and S.A.C, solid state society

More
13 years 5 months ago #27575 by Kuroboshi
\"Individual Eleven\" and \"The Laughing Man\" are essentially summaries of both Gigs. (Individual 11 being 2nd, Laughing man being 1st).

Really not worth it IMO.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds