Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16396 by Zenith
Currently re-reading Camus... :kiss:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16414 by CorpseQueen
scootiebee wrote:

I should clarify, by \"kids books\" I don't mean the 35 page picture books, but really more teenage novels. Books directed at a 10-16-year-old. I am reading the Lightning Thief right now, which I would call a \"Kids book\", if that helps. And I would love to read the abnormal psychology book. That's the sort of thing my husband would make a gift to me of. Strange, but true. He has already given me Gray's Anatomy (the medical textbook, not the inane tv series) as a gift, and we are planning a vacation trip to the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. I love medical oddities.

I'm too interested in different medical oddities, and one of the shows I watch almost daily (because I got nothing else to do mostly) is 'Mystery Diagnosis'. They once had a girl with FOP, where their sceleton continued to grow in odd places, especially if they get hurt. The most interesting case so far.

Currently reading about a Swedish king in the 1920's who was gay. In that time being homosexual was almost as bad as being a pedofile, and then the world got to know our king was homosexual. Interesting story. Also reading 'Brisingr' and a book by Reynolds, which is almost ended... And the 5th Halo-book, still nicely written :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16445 by Morgana
I'm re-reading Broken, by Kelley Armstrong. I like her style, and I have quite a few of her books. Most of them refer to events and characters in the other books, but you don't have to have read them all, or in order, for them to make sense.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16448 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

I'm re-reading Broken, by Kelley Armstrong. I like her style, and I have quite a few of her books. Most of them refer to events and characters in the other books, but you don't have to have read them all, or in order, for them to make sense.

I have her first six books, naturally including Broken as it's the sixth. I also like her style, it's very easy to read but interesting. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16458 by Thurysaz
(again) still Otori 3.
I read slowly...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16489 by scootiebee
Ooh, I have watched a show like that, Mystery Diagnosis. Very fun stuff, I should have gone to medical school.

I am reading the second Percy Jackson book now, called The Sea of Monsters. Fun, very easy reading (written for 10-14-year-olds, I believe), but a lot of fun, and learn a lot about mythology as you read the series. it is a refresher course on the Greek Pantheon for me. Very enjoyable so far.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds