Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22088 by Kuroboshi
Only if you want to, but not too many, if you do, I give you the money back.

I've got another book downstairs I should read, but haven't gotten around to yet.

But yeah, my choice is limited to the Harry Potter series (read each book at least twice), Lord of the Rings Trilogy (each book about 3 times), Battle Royale (3+ times), Patient Zero (3+5 times again), Watchmen (3+ times yet again) and the last book in the A Series of Unfortunate Events series (about twice).

That's off the top of my head but it's probably the full list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22108 by cemwerewolf
A friend of mine recently decided to get rid of some books and let me paw through them before they headed to the used book store. As he's a bit of a vampire nut, I'm now reding the Vampire Encyclopedia. It's got some really interesting entries in it . . .

• AvaloN
  • Someday, life will be fairer,Need will be rarer...
More
13 years 10 months ago #22110 by AvaloN
for now nothing...i read for my exams and i'm really bored...niax:(

Show me your moon burns
Take me as the moon burns
The freezing moon
Making things real for me
The killing Moon
Making things happen for me

More
13 years 10 months ago #22112 by Envy
cemwerewolf wrote:

A friend of mine recently decided to get rid of some books and let me paw through them before they headed to the used book store. As he's a bit of a vampire nut, I'm now reding the Vampire Encyclopedia. It's got some really interesting entries in it . . .

Vampire Encyclopedia? That sounds pretty interesting, I think I'll look it up. :P I should head to used book stores more often..Not for things I'd realistically read, as I usually dislike the condition of used books, however, I know a friend of mine has found various books from the 1800s in used book stores. I'd love to get my hands on one like that, just for that worn-out, old-fashioned look of the book on my shelves.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22152 by cemwerewolf
Envy wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

Vampire Encyclopedia? That sounds pretty interesting, I think I'll look it up. :P I should head to used book stores more often..Not for things I'd realistically read, as I usually dislike the condition of used books, however, I know a friend of mine has found various books from the 1800s in used book stores. I'd love to get my hands on one like that, just for that worn-out, old-fashioned look of the book on my shelves.

I've had good luck like that in used book stores too. Got my hands on a 150 year old copy of Macbeth for $2 just by wandering through the shelves and stumbling upon it by accident.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22158 by Envy
cemwerewolf wrote:

Envy wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

I've had good luck like that in used book stores too. Got my hands on a 150 year old copy of Macbeth for $2 just by wandering through the shelves and stumbling upon it by accident.

Wow! I'm jealous! I'd love to have something like that on my shelves..Although knowing me, I'd protect it like crazy to stop it from getting any more signs of wear and tear..Which might ruin the nice aged look on the shelf.

I don't know of many used book stores around here anyway..As far as I'm aware, there's only two and they're in very obscure places.

A small dilemma I have with what I'm currently reading - As I'm reading 'Othello' for academic purposes, my teacher always tries to make us take notes inside our books. I hate writing inside a book because it just stops the book from being in 'mint' condition and it looks messy, plus my copy of 'Othello' is part of a collection of books so I wouldn't want to ruin one book that's part of a set..But I can't see any way around it which would enable me to take accurate, fast notes without ruining my book.

What should I do? Buy a new copy? Just write in what I have? Write them out separately in class? (Which would take a long time as I would have to add page number references and quotes). :unsure:

Edit:

Argh..Apparently the 'Vampire Encyclopedia' is out of stock or out of print here in my local book store. Going to be tough to get a copy..But they offer second hand copies for a fiver from the US (no idea about postage). :blink:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds