Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
12 years 6 months ago #35533 by Envy
Oh my God thank you!

Just a note: I think it's .co.uk? The site you gave didn't seem to exist.

..Bye-bye food money. :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35534 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oh my God thank you!

Just a note: I think it's .co.uk? The site you gave didn't seem to exist.

..Bye-bye food money. :woohoo:

Bloody typo! :woohoo: Yes, it's .co.uk. :P (fixed it in my first post)

Then both of us are on a diet now. :S I didn't really have the money for it, but after rationalizing it through, I figured there really won't be any better chance to get that frame and even if one does come up, hell, you can always use a second picture frame. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35535 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

I failed my will save and ordered the Celestial Angels picture frame from them. :blush:

I wanted that frame for ages, but was delaying a purchase as I didn't think they would discontinue it so soon. Compared prices a lot and found that all other sellers have a higher price listed, or they have the same price but don't remove the tax for international buyers, so this ended up the cheapest option when I could use the discount code. Probably I'll have to pay tax for it too, so the 30% I saved now I'll have to pay to my country, but still better like that then pay more now and pay even more on tax later...
I don't really believe the frame would have turned up on ebay as an auction any time soon, and even then there is the whole problem if I'd win the auction and the seller would offer international shipping... At least this way I have it for sure (when it gets here). :)

Ahh, lucky! I've had my eye on that frame for a while as well but the only Alchemy Dealers that have it seem to either have outrageous prices or outrageous international shipping costs.

I find that if items are sent via courier or \"International Signed For\", the duties are killer. If something comes to me via regular international mail, it's less likely to be opened by customs. Once, I ordered two dresses from the UK that were sent \"Royal Mail International Signed For\" and had to pay 18% duty, 14% tax and $5 processing fee. Lesson learned. I never buy things that ship by that method.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by firensia.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #35538 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Ahh, lucky! I've had my eye on that frame for a while as well but the only Alchemy Dealers that have it seem to either have outrageous prices or outrageous international shipping costs.

I find that if items are sent via courier or \"International Signed For\", the duties are killer. If something comes to me via regular international mail, it's less likely to be opened by customs. Once, I ordered two dresses from the UK that were sent \"Royal Mail International Signed For\" and had to pay 18% duty, 14% tax and $5 processing fee. Lesson learned. I never buy things that ship by that method.

edit: Yes, same problem with the outrageous prices and shipping prices was my problem too.

Here almost all packages are opened if they come from abroad (they sometimes don't open the smallest ones - read tiny) and they don't bother with the shipping method - doesn't matter to them if it's signed-for or normal mail as they also take in account the shipping fees when they calculate the amount you have to pay in duty/tax. (Here I have to pay 12% duty + 23% tax)

If there isn't an invoice with the package, I usually get a letter form the customs office to send them either a bank's draft with the amount I paid or the invoice, so they can decide if I have to pay tax or not. Up till now, I never got taxed for any items bought through ebay (the highest I ever bought was something worth 30 quid), but when I bought something directly from an online store worth 30, I did get taxed. :S
I assume here they differ if someone is a professional seller or not, and I think they regard any ebay transactions as private commerce. But I'm not sure. Maybe they think it's private becasue I always send them my PayPal payment confirmation so they can't really see there if it's a private or a business seller, but just that it was over ebay...

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 5 months ago #35545 by Envy
firensia wrote:

True..

I love that frame as well, but as a student it's just a biiiit too pricey for me to justify buying.

^ And with what may seem contrary to the statement above, I did end up buying an 'Angel's Eye' ring, the new Alchemy tarot deck and the new Poison Ivy pendant from that site. :P I considered Temptation of Havva but for the price, I still couldn't justify it for what it was so I decided to save the money for something else. :)

:silly: In my defence, the whole lot only cost about 50 quid and they'd get a lot more use from me than a picture frame..I don't even have any pictures. :woohoo:

More
12 years 5 months ago #35546 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

True..

I love that frame as well, but as a student it's just a biiiit too pricey for me to justify buying.

^ And with what may seem contrary to the statement above, I did end up buying an 'Angel's Eye' ring, the new Alchemy tarot deck and the new Poison Ivy pendant from that site. :P I considered Temptation of Havva but for the price, I still couldn't justify it for what it was so I decided to save the money for something else. :)

:silly: In my defence, the whole lot only cost about 50 quid and they'd get a lot more use from me than a picture frame..I don't even have any pictures. :woohoo:

A bit pricey? It's cheaper then the Ivy pendant! :P But true, if you don't have a use for it, then it's not worth the expense. :silly:

I'm really tempted to buy an Alchemy belt buckle now... :silly: I was rummaging through my mom's wardrobe in search for a belt, becasue I needed one for my outfit, but none of the ones my mom has work for me - mom said I should buy one when I go to town, but as it's not that urgent, I could as well buy an Alchemy one, right? :woohoo:

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds