Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
13 years 6 months ago #25522 by black_magnolia
snow.wulf wrote:

My most recent purchases, all made within the past week, are the Chaosium Arrows of Chaos pendant, the Temeritas Wings medal, the Distinguished Goth Cross medal, the Cataclysmic Order of Nihilism medal, the Shadow of Death ring, and the GMT Gender Gauge ring.

I can't wait for them to arrive :woohoo:

I was always very intrigued by those medals, but I just don't think I could wear them everyday... :S
Hmm... I'm sorry Alchemy has discontinued the few broaches they made, I'm sure I could wear those everyday, especially the dragon one. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25526 by snow.wulf
I like the medals very much! I intend to get them all eventually, but for now I've got to wait until I have the funds. I'm known to wear many \"odd\" things on an everyday basis, so I don't get that many weird looks. The days that I dress \"normal\" (dry cleaner/laundry day) are the days that people think that something is strange :P

I am curious about the Temeritas Wings Medal though. Does it have a pin of some sort on the back?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25527 by black_magnolia
snow.wulf wrote:

I like the medals very much! I intend to get them all eventually, but for now I've got to wait until I have the funds. I'm known to wear many \"odd\" things on an everyday basis, so I don't get that many weird looks. The days that I dress \"normal\" (dry cleaner/laundry day) are the days that people think that something is strange :P

I am curious about the Temeritas Wings Medal though. Does it have a pin of some sort on the back?

I'm sure it has some sort of pin. It's meant to be worn on cloths. :silly:

I also know to wear my \"odd\" things everyday, but here people can get 'touchy' regarding medals because the whole touchy subject with the independence war, so I fear I would get more trouble then I wished.
I rather not have trouble with that. I mean, I have real medals at home, my grandfather gave them to me for safekeeping (he fears my mom would throw them away if she got her hands on them), but I'm not that mad to wear a real medal around. XD

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25528 by snow.wulf
Well, there is always someone who will get mad at something :laugh: I wear what I wear for me!

I also have my grandfathers old medals, for exactly the same reason you have yours :P

More
13 years 6 months ago #25532 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I rather not have trouble with that. I mean, I have real medals at home, my grandfather gave them to me for safekeeping (he fears my mom would throw them away if she got her hands on them), but I'm not that mad to wear a real medal around. XD

Wiser not to wear medals that aren't yours anyway. I recall there was a huge uproar about one case..

Oh. Found it. Hah. Had no idea it was a local story..

www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/SAS-...-detail/article.html

Guy wore 17 medals, none of which were his. Got into a fair amount of trouble. :P

Ooh..Found even more. He was given a commmunity service order too, before the first article I posted was written.

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6985115.ece

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25564 by snow.wulf
Well I can certainly see how and why that would cause some trouble, but I see no harm in wearing \"fake\" medals. I just got my Distinguished Goth Cross and my Temeritas Wings medal in the mail today and they are VERY nice! I'll be wearing them to class today. :laugh:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by snow.wulf.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds