Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
14 years 1 month ago #15735 by cemwerewolf
Bought the \"On Stygian Shores\" t-shirt today. I know it's in the member's shop but I bought it from my local shop. Found out they'll be shutting down in a couple months so I have to do my best to liquidate all of their Alchemy stock . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15743 by scootiebee
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

That's a very good point... maybe you should email Alchemy and ask them? If you find out, let us know.

I usually wash any of my special clothes by hand in the sink, and anything I would put Alchemy buttons on (if I had any) would fall in that category. That's from years of living in apartments with commercial laundry facilities, which are really hard on your clothes.

I sent them a mail today, so when I get a reply, I'll post it here. I really hope they say it's ok to put them in a washing machine as I so hate washing clothes by hand...

If you sew the buttons on very well (I use upholstery thread for buttons so they are really on strong), it might be safe to wash in the machine in cold water, but I think the worse problem would be a dryer. The heat could damage the pewter. What I do is use Woolite for Dark Colors (which is a very gentle detergent designed for hand-washing) in the washing machine. My machine has a cycle called \"hand wash\" which is very gentle. Then I either lay the things flat or hang them to dry, depending on what it is. This USUALLY works, but sometimes I end up with a beautiful rag, or my daughter ends up with a new outfit if it shrinks. She has gotten several sweaters this way from me and my friend Stacey, who also is relatively bold when it comes to attempting to avoid hand-washing her clothes!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15839 by Morgana
cemwerewolf wrote:

Bought the \"On Stygian Shores\" t-shirt today. I know it's in the member's shop but I bought it from my local shop. Found out they'll be shutting down in a couple months so I have to do my best to liquidate all of their Alchemy stock . . .

That's too bad that your local shop is closing down. Hopefully you can find another one close by!

More
14 years 1 month ago #15848 by cemwerewolf
Well, doesn't look like that's too likely as I've never known anyone else in the city to sell Alchemy merchandise. But, I have managed to convince the owner to keep her wholesale agreement with Alchemy and I'm going to help her set up a web shop so I'll still have my connection! The last day of business will be quite sad though I'm sure. We're planning on having a party after closing to bid the shop a fond farewell . . .

More
14 years 1 month ago #15877 by Morgana
Yes, I can imagine that will be a sad day... at least you can still get your Alchemy fix locally though!

More
14 years 1 month ago #15886 by black_magnolia
Sorry to hear that your local shop is closing down, cemwerewolf! :(
My local shop has now discounted all their Alchemy items up to 80%, but there isn't really anything nice left, I scavenged the place already...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds