Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Old Products

More
13 years 10 months ago #21109 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Old Products
Polaristhe2 wrote:

I regret to admit, but I saw much more spirit in old alchemy products. This new stuff... I don't know. Maybe I'm just too sentimental to the old stuff, but I'm really not into this new things. Old Alchemy had much more mysticism going around while newer products are just shinier and a bit more tacky. Of course not all of them, but enough to make it worth the mention.

Oh I know what you mean. I felt some of the latest works just don't seem to have the same..Detail, time and thought put into them.

I like some of the 'Steampunk' range though. I guess the detail put into that makes up for the disappointment I felt at the latest stuff. The latest stuff just seemed a bit..

Uh. How should I say...Rushed? Average?..Possibly..Mainstream?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21144 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Old Products
Envy wrote:

Hmm. Maybe they could make it an idea to later re-release some of their old products as a different edition or something..

So there'd be original 'first edition' pieces, and then many years later on, 'second edition' pieces.

*Shrug*

I'm with you... bring back some of the old items (especially partial to t-shirts myself)
However, Ms. Magnolia has a valid point as well; the fact that Alchemy doesn't flood the market with a design until it has run it's course adds to the mystique to owning a particular piece.

I suppose in a perfect world, there would be a way to special request discontinued items be made as replicas(at an increased co$t,of course)
oh well, just a thought;in case any of the powers that be are reading this (still like my idea for a \"suggestion box\" topic so we could pass along our ideas in a orderly way)

:cheer:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by StephenG. Reason: typo

More
13 years 10 months ago #21171 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Old Products
StephenG wrote:

I suppose in a perfect world, there would be a way to special request discontinued items be made as replicas(at an increased co$t,of course)
oh well, just a thought;in case any of the powers that be are reading this (still like my idea for a \"suggestion box\" topic so we could pass along our ideas in a orderly way)

:cheer:

Well, if you're not bothered with the increased cost, then you could order that through the custom shop. The custom shop is mostly there for custom orders in silver or other precious metals and elements so if you want a discontinued item of jewellery, maybe that would be a good idea. and doing it in silver would really make that item special.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21209 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Old Products
at last i've found this:

www.alchemygothic.com/online-catalogue.h...9_The_Alchemist.html

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25418 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Old Products
:P I have discovered that I now own two discontinued pieces.

The 'Bride of Corinth' ring and the 'Eden' pendant.

Does Alchemy ever decide to discontinue something and then change their mind and take it out of the discontinued items catalogue? Just curious to see if they've ever done that before.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25421 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Old Products
Envy wrote:

:P I have discovered that I now own two discontinued pieces.

The 'Bride of Corinth' ring and the 'Eden' pendant.

Does Alchemy ever decide to discontinue something and then change their mind and take it out of the discontinued items catalogue? Just curious to see if they've ever done that before.

I don't really think so. There is the example of the Nosferatu picture frame, that I've mentioned before, but I really don't see a mind-change happening for the future.

Now after this round of discontinued items, I found that more then half the items I have are discontinued. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds