Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Cleaning Your Alchemy Items

More
13 years 3 months ago #28810 by necie1286
can anyone tell me how to clean my pewter card holder i won in a raffle. i'm not sure how to clean it and its not as shiny as it was when i got it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28821 by black_magnolia
necie1286 wrote:

can anyone tell me how to clean my pewter card holder i won in a raffle. i'm not sure how to clean it and its not as shiny as it was when i got it

You can try out some of the tips in this thread. The method with the soapy water would be the easiest and cheapest solution.

Pewter normally tarnishes, so after you clean it, it will again develop a patina with time...
For people that are annoyed with this problem with their jewellery, I recommend that they store their jewellery (and any items that they don't regularly use or which aren't for decoration) in boxes, so that the pewter is less exposed to air. I keep everything in a proper jewellery box, so I rarely have to clean my items. I noticed that if I leave my items outside for a couple of days that they really get noticeably darker.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28865 by necie1286
Thank you black_magnolia. i'll try that out.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30463 by Reiken
I've had really good luck using Maas metal polish on my older pieces that have gotten dingy looking.

More
13 years 1 month ago #30470 by Envy
Reiken wrote:

I've had really good luck using Maas metal polish on my older pieces that have gotten dingy looking.

Happen to have any links to places which sell that? Just curious. :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #30539 by Reiken
www.maasinc.com/products_metalpolish.aspx is their main page. I love this stuff, it's never given me any problems with cleaning even the most tarnished pieces.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds