Show Navigation Menu

Depression/Stress

More
13 years 11 months ago #20969 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Depression/Stress
I thought this topic seemed familiar..

My father was the same - He worked too hard and stress overcame him. He lost a lot of hair, became ill etc. Mental illness seems to run on his side of the family - My auntie on his side has also had breakdowns before.

I guess it worries me a lot, particularly when I know I'm stressing from working.

:laugh: Sometimes I feel I got the worst of the genes. I got my mother's midgety height, her poor eyesight and eczema plus people claim she looks more like a sister than a mother despite being near 50. I got the mental illness part of my mind from my father's side, along with my food preferences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20982 by Verminaard Draconis
I have more stress these days because I have to work at the supermarket, then when I arrive at home I do tattoos and in third place I have to built my company. Above all this, I have to take care of my little family!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #21022 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Depression/Stress
I'm not the least stressed, got a parttime job and nothing else important to do, but I can feel a bit depressed at times. I have way to few friends, and those few (well, two) I got, doesn't really have time for me atm, studying and all. Wich means a lot of time alone. Which means I'm back at where I started out, so many years ago...
It's interesting tho, as I get a view on myslef I didn't have before. I didn't have a clue how bad I felt when i was a t worst, untill I felt a bit the same a few weeks ago. I never did notice that weight over my heart, because it was always there before.

Getting better, as I've made a new friend lately :blush: At least he got time for me, and we have many alike interests (too many almost), so I'll probably spend a lot of time with him. Hopefully. Else, I need to make some more friends. But where, and how, do I do that? I've never been good at it anyway, and no I'm not even meeting anyone, sitting home alone...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 10 months ago #21183 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Depression/Stress
gotta admit: this whole recouperation time b.c. is driving me nutz!!!!

then , i get in the wierd place:

why did i survive??
just because the doctors did their job right and brought me back from the brink?
was there some \"greater calling\" for me ?...if so, why haven't i figured it out yet?

...did i just get REALLY lucky?

mind you, I'm not looking for pity or sympathy...don't need it
I think what's bothering me is i'm looking for an answer...a reason why...

thanks for listening.... S.G.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21233 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Depression/Stress
These past 3 days have been riddle with spontaneous depression mood swings for me.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21235 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Depression/Stress
Mm I haven't been coping well lately. I realised my pining for my old best friend and crying have been linked to the exam period..

He was here to support me this time last year..He held me together and encouraged me all the way through my exams and I did so well..Part of me believes I did well only because I had him to keep pushing me forward.

Now he's gone. We had a large dispute a while back. I have a very large void inside me which just can't be filled by anyone else..I've texted and no response..Is he too busy to talk to me? Is he ignoring me deliberately to soften the blow? Has he changed his number to try and forget me?

I don't know..I wish I did. I wish he'd just reply.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds