Show Navigation Menu

Depression/Stress

More
14 years 2 months ago #14692 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Depression/Stress
Sleep is really important. Not having a regular sleep schedule, no matter what the hours are, can be very hard on your body and mind. As long as it is the same time every day, it should not matter, but try to get 6-8 hours daily, and it really helps. Doctors say it helps with your mental well-being, as well as weight control (you can actually gain weight from being sleep deprived, or have trouble losing weight), and stress, heart, digestion, etc. It really affects your whole body.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20945 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Depression
Bonsoir sisters & brothers of TOOA,

Have you ever felt such a depression that everything makes you want to dig a hole and you hide?

Have you ever been so disgusted that you have the courage to get up in the morning?

Do you also believe that society desperately?

Have you ever felt the depression?

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20949 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Depression
Uhh..Do you mean an economic depression or mental depression?

More
13 years 10 months ago #20950 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Depression
Mental depression.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20953 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Depression
Oh, in that case, I suffer periodically from mental depression. It's usually overwhelming during exam periods do to the pressure to do well - For example, right now, I only have one shot to pass my academic music exam. If I fail, I'd have to learn new material for another exam next summer, which I can't afford to do. The course I want to do at university requires a minimum of 3 As, so..Lots of pressure. The way I was brought up also played a part in my achievement goals and pressures.

I actually left school for a month or so when I first started to suffer from depression - It was triggered by people who were bullying me. I was finding excuses everywhere just to skip days and eventually, I just walked out and didn't come back for a month. I partly didn't want to go to school and partly didn't dare to. I just didn't want to face people who hated me and whom I hated in return. I resorted to self-hatred unintentionally, so yes, I have been so disgusted with myself, with the people around me and with life on the whole that I haven't wanted to continue existing.

I did a lot of silly things back then - When I didn't understand what was going on with my thoughts because it was all new to me. Now I know better and at least I realise what is happening. Most of the time.

What about you?

More
13 years 10 months ago #20966 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Depression/Stress
I have been depressed only as a kid, and I found out about it when I have heard my mother talking to her colleague about it, but it was all mostly related to all the family issues we had in our house and the war (I always thought someone is gonna get my parents....dunno why), and of course other kids hated me but they got what they deserved, but now I have a different issue, anxiety, now that is a whole new field of problems.

I am constantly afraid I am going to fail as someone who supports himself financially, and that led to me working too much and damaging my health...I think I even wrote it here somewhere, the famous scene when the doctor asked me do I want to live to see my 30s, and I have changed a lot of things but it is a process, long one too and I am getting awfully tired and frustrated, I dunno why am I acting this way, me a person who doesn't think money brings happiness :(

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds