Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
12 years 7 months ago #35131 by ImmortalRosencroix
Replied by ImmortalRosencroix on topic Re: Birthdays
My birthday just passed. August 24th.

"Stulum est timere quod vitare non potes" - It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35134 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Birthdays
my birthday was yesterday september 5th, not everyone remembered, but thats cool, i'll forget theirs!

ZOSO

More
12 years 7 months ago #35138 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Birthdays
Prissy wrote:

my birthday was yesterday september 5th, not everyone remembered, but thats cool, i'll forget theirs!

Ah, that happened to me too a couple of times (being forgotten and forgetting). Don't take it too hard. The people who matter usually remember and if not, they are usually really sorry about forgetting.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35145 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Birthdays
Prissy wrote:

Haha! That's a good stance. I might adopt it. :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35164 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Birthdays
SUGGESTION BOX IDEA:

Can anyone think or know of a way that A.G. could send us a mass e-mail letting us know who in THE ORDER has a birthday coming up ?
Maybe could send out a reminder email like every 2 weeks or so
(a la FACEBOOK)

Main reason I \"forget\" everyone's birthday is,quite honestly, I really don't know that many birthdays on here...

Only drawback is,
as I believe Miss Black-Magnolia has stated in the past, the site would be overloaded with
well-wishers' comments

a little cake for everyone we have missed, sorry again

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by StephenG.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35165 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Birthdays
Honestly now, there are more then 10 000 users on here and I don't really want any kind of birthday reminder for all of them becasue I can't be bothered with someone who hasn't posted one single post here.

I asked the admin if we could have a box on the forum which would display the names of the users who have a birthday on the current day, as many other forums have. Didn't get a reply.

Anyway, I know some people have their birthdays stated in their profile, some don't. I'm sorry, but I don't really keep tabs on any user's birthday, with the exception of the people with whom I'm also in contact outside the forum.

I understand it's nice getting birthday wishes, therefore the thing I can propose (ergo, which is in my might):
A locked sticky thread with a list of all birthdays of posting members in the General section.
When someone's birthday comes up, anybody can open a thread for that person and congratulate them on their birthday and all others can join in that thread with their wishes.
I would delete that thread after some time (you can suggest a time span, but I think not more then 7 days).
If it so happens that the birthday kid wasn't online during that time span, I'd e-mail them a joined happy birthday mail signed with all the names of the users who have posted in that person's b-day thread and naturally delete the thread.

If people agree with this proposal, I'll make the list, but becasue I don't know who can still be considered active now on the forum (I'm sick of asking the admin to fix the user list), I'd ask that everybody who wants to be included on the list replies here with their birth date (no need for the year of birth) or pm-s it to me - either option suits me.
I'll add the birth dates of the \"old\" users without before confirmation if that info is visible in their profiles (if they don't agree they can pm me and I'll remove them form the list).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds