Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
13 years 2 months ago #30103 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Birthdays
Morgana wrote:

People have always said that to me, when they find out my birthday is January 1... \"Oh, that's so cool, everyone is partying on your birthday!\" Well, no, they're not... everyone is hung over and cranky on my birthday!

Either that, or they ask if I was the first one born in my town that year, and then they don't know what to say when I tell them no I wasn't.

Yeah, everyone is hung over and the last thing they would think off is someone's birthday...

I was the first baby in my town, well, in my whole region/county in fact. Was in the papers and everything. My mom wasn't even aware of it till the photographers filled her room to take pictures with me. Mom was so tired and looked like shit on the newspaper photo. :woohoo:
I think my dad was the last person to be informed that he has a daughter. Everyone knew before him! :silly: At that time you couldn't be with your wife while she was in labour, so he stayed home with my grandmother and my great grandparents waiting. He called the hospital asking if I was already born and a very rude nurse screamed at him like what was he calling for because it could take hours etc. So he didn't bother calling again that day. Next day in the morning when he called, he got a different nurse who also screamed at him becasue he was calling so late when already everyone knew he got a daughter. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30120 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Birthdays
My uncles had a party for mom when she turned 50, but then she is the only sister out of seven kids and my family doesn't tend to live long. One of the brothers just turned 60 last week, the rest of the brothers had a party for him, and he didn't know till the day before and no one told him where his party was...... (: They say the mind is the first thing to go.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30126 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Birthdays
We did a surprise party for my husband's 30th birthday - he was just about to get a cardiac arrest. :laugh:

We managed to arrange it all, without him becoming suspicious and we even held the party at our own home :side:

More
13 years 2 months ago #30127 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Birthdays
Madam_Mim wrote:

We did a surprise party for my husband's 30th birthday - he was just about to get a cardiac arrest. :laugh:

We managed to arrange it all, without him becoming suspicious and we even held the party at our own home :side:

We've never been able to do anything like surprise birthday parties - No space.

To be honest, we've never been able to keep secrets well either, :woohoo: e.g. when we do 'secret santa' at Christmas - We'll exchange things and make deals with people to tell us who they have so we can join together and help buy a decent present when the person is difficult to buy for - But by then, we're all able to work out who we haven't made deals with so they must be buying for us.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31036 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Birthdays
tomorrow is my moms birthday so happy birthday to my my i love her. also my dads birthday is on th 22th so happy birthday to him to, cant imagine life without them, they are my world

ZOSO

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35128 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Birthdays
didn't really know where to put this post.
This seems as good a place as any...

If you haven't already today, check out GOOGLE 's home page...

Awesome!

Happy Birthday Freddie. We miss you
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by StephenG.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds