Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
13 years 2 months ago #30005 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Birthdays
A birthday is just a day, but if you do want to celebrate it then it's best to do it on the day or a couple of days later, but a week at the most in my opinion. Later makes it just odd. :S
Imagine you celebrate it 3-4 weeks later. Surely you'll have someone who also has a birthday around that time when you want to celebrate... Just makes thing weird in my opinion. :S

It's generally an odd thing with birthdays and time. People have a felling of duty to congratulate and buy presents etc. but as time passes that feeling subsides especially if you don't see that person on a regular basis or really often.

My birthday is in the middle of holiday season/school break so few people remember my birthday and congratulate me, and also because some time passes till I see most of them again the few that felt like they wanted to buy a present for me and asked me about it, just forget about that too...

Best thing is just not to worry about such things, be it your own or another persons birthday. You'll have another one next year and till then who know what will happen and if you'll stay friends at all...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30008 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Birthdays
Hmm okay.

It's just that this year, everyone turns 18, so..Yeah. It seems to be more of a 'big deal' to not turn up. :unsure:

:woohoo: I've already told a friend that she shouldn't expect her birthday present until 3 weeks after her birthday because that's the next time I'm in a Chinatown and can get her what I planned.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30019 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Birthdays
Mine's creeping up on me. Invites are sent, plan is made. Bday lands on a sunday this year, so party at my place that saturday. Kinda impressed with how many people are planning on showing up so far, hopeing the weather allows the out of town 'maybe showing' to come. Kinda hoping to not get presents, told everyone if they wanna bring snacks cool, if not cool, we'll have stuff. Still havn't decided what kind of cake I want, I'd better start thinking bout it more.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30025 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Birthdays
Right now I'm think about how I will celebrate my next birthday, which is 50 :unsure: - should it be a big party where there will be no expense spared (because that's what people expect) or should I just spend the money on myself and the immediate family (husband and son) :P

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30027 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Birthdays
Madam_Mim wrote:

Right now I'm think about how I will celebrate my next birthday, which is 50 :unsure: - should it be a big party where there will be no expense spared (because that's what people expect) or should I just spend the money on myself and the immediate family (husband and son) :P

Well if it was me, I'd treat myself and my family! Take a nice holiday, go travelling maybe..Buy lots of clothes, maybe re-decorate the house..Ooh..Endless things I'd spend money on rather than 'one big party' - But that's just me. I'm not a hugely social person.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30034 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re: Birthdays
We have totally given up on Birthday Parties. We either go to a special dinner, get a special present, or take a short trip as a family (possibly with other friends attached to the group), at the request of the birthday person. This year for my birthday I am going to Philadelphia for the day to see:

The Mutter Museum, whose website you can see here: www.collphyphil.org/Site/mutter_museum.html If you are interested in medical oddities, it is AWESOME!!!

Then we are going to see a little of the historic part of the city, and on the way home see Eastern State Penitentiary (website here: www.easternstate.org/ ) It is a very old, very horrible prison.

Then to Valley Forge: www.nps.gov/vafo/index.htm

And yes, my whole family can't wait for this. Yes, we are all morbidly weird. But we have fun.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds