Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
14 years 4 months ago #10493 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Birthdays.
I've always preferred white gold and silver myself. I do however have a few items in yellow gold but I find I hardly ever wear them. The one exception is a pair of earrings that my husband gave me for my birthday one year. They have my birthstone in it and are ever so sparkly! They can really be quite distracting sometimes . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10506 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Birthdays.
I'm also more of a silver, white gold person. I have a lot of silver jewellery as white gold is still a bit expensive for my budget... In fact, the only gold jewellery I have is a yellow gold necklace I got for my 1st birthday from my mom's aunt. Never wore it because it's to short for me.

Generally I think jewellery is a good birthday gift, but rather for girls then boys. Once I went with my mom's friend to buy a gift for a little boy, for his baptising, and she decided to buy him a white gold necklace with a little white gold dolphin pendant. I found it a bit weird and also pointed it out - what will a boy do with such a necklace? :unsure: Girls can get a bunch of jewellery because it's really possible they will one day wear it, but how probable is it that a boy will wear a little dolphin pendant on a fine white gold necklace?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10530 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Birthdays.
I much prefer silver as well, in fact even my wedding ring is silver. My skin is so pale that gold just looks very strange on me. My husband usually buys at least one piece of jewellry for me at Christmas, and he has very good taste. I've steered him towards the local goth shop this year of course, now that I know about it. He's gotten very good about ignoring my birthday though... now if I could just get my mum and siblings to do the same, I'd be happy!

More
14 years 4 months ago #10549 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
:P I find it strange how we all prefer white gold/silver - I agree that it looks better on pale skin. Gold seems too bold. I see more of a beauty in silver..Probably because of the cold tone of colour compared to the brash colour that gold has.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10565 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Birthdays.
if i had to pick i'd have to pick Silver. it's always been my color for things and i love it. it looks nice on me.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10627 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Birthdays.
I prefer silver too. I look better in it. The only gold colored gold I have is my wedding ring. I have some white gold earrings and a necklace, but mostly I just get silver.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds