Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
10 years 7 months ago #39545 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Pets
Aww, they're adorable! I'd love to have another pet mouse...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #39546 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

If I could get one (or several) to you safely I'd love to send you a loving new pet! But, unfortunately there's a significant distance between us and I just don't think that would work . . .

I did locate the male, now that he's kindly identified himself, and removed him to another cage. Unfortunately it's too little too late. The other female's weight is shooting up and she's been helping to nurse the litter so chances are she'll be giving birth either tomorrow or the day after. It's not going to be fun finding homes for all these little fur-less balls even though they grow up to be so cute . . .

More
10 years 7 months ago #39547 by iHauntTheSepulchre
cemwerewolf wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

If I could get one (or several) to you safely I'd love to send you a loving new pet! But, unfortunately there's a significant distance between us and I just don't think that would work . . .

I did locate the male, now that he's kindly identified himself, and removed him to another cage. Unfortunately it's too little too late. The other female's weight is shooting up and she's been helping to nurse the litter so chances are she'll be giving birth either tomorrow or the day after. It's not going to be fun finding homes for all these little fur-less balls even though they grow up to be so cute . . .

It's quite a distance and I don't think the poor little things would last the journey. Not to mention customs...
Well now your only issue is trying to separate the male babies from the female ones once they're old enough.According to my mum, my uncle had the same problem back when they were kids - by the sounds of things her parents weren't too impressed!

More
10 years 7 months ago #39550 by cemwerewolf
My other mouse had her litter yesterday but none of them made it. It's good that I don't have more mice to find homes for but really sad that their lives were so brief. I would have rather found homes for them . . .

More
10 years 7 months ago #39552 by iHauntTheSepulchre
cemwerewolf wrote:

My other mouse had her litter yesterday but none of them made it. It's good that I don't have more mice to find homes for but really sad that their lives were so brief. I would have rather found homes for them . . .

Aw. :(

More
10 years 6 months ago #39561 by cemwerewolf
So the pups are three weeks old now. Another week and they'll be ready to be adopted out. *sniffle* I've managed to find homes for three of them with good families but that leaves three of them to find a family for - for anyone doing the math, that's only six of eight. Unfortunately two of them died at about eight days old. Regrettably, it's fairly common that in large litters siblings sometimes smother each other while fighting for position at mom . . .

I really need to find homes for these little furballs but I'm going to miss looking after them so much. Watching them grow has been a blast as attested to my unbridled joy last night when one of them figured out the exercise wheel! It's hard to find people who will give a good home to a mouse though. But who could say no to such cuties?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds