Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
10 years 7 months ago #39521 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
TrymBeast wrote:

I never had any pet, until this month.
Now I have two canaries. They don't give many work, and it's cool to have some pet to take care.
They made me very happy when I heard them sing, and when they took a bath for the first time.

Do you have two canaries of the same sex or a male and female one in one cage? Just curious how they get along.
I had two male ones when I was a kid, and had to keep them in separate cages and the cages as far apart as possible because they didn't like each other (they were the same age, and I think even from the same parents, but not sure any more, bought them at the same time from the same store).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #39524 by TrymBeast
Replied by TrymBeast on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

TrymBeast wrote:

I never had any pet, until this month.
Now I have two canaries. They don't give many work, and it's cool to have some pet to take care.
They made me very happy when I heard them sing, and when they took a bath for the first time.

Do you have two canaries of the same sex or a male and female one in one cage? Just curious how they get along.
I had two male ones when I was a kid, and had to keep them in separate cages and the cages as far apart as possible because they didn't like each other (they were the same age, and I think even from the same parents, but not sure any more, bought them at the same time from the same store).

Both are male and probably around the same age, usually only when one is eating the other can't be too close or the one eating will intimidate the other. Despite that they get along fine. I bought them together from the same store too.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #39526 by black_magnolia
Oh, sounds good. I hope they'll continue to behave so good as they grow older too. :)
I know from observing my kittens, that they too get a bit protective of their food when they eat. They won't hesitate about sweeping a paw at their mom's face, let alone pawing one of their siblings if it's something that they really like to eat. One likes to climb into the plate and cover his food with his entire body too. Little rascals. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
10 years 7 months ago #39527 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
Food protectiveness is a common thing in most critters. My mice do it to but no amount of guarding seems to work for them. They're all quite adept little thieves. :laugh:

More
10 years 7 months ago #39543 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
So it turns out one of my mice is male.

Anyone want a new pet?
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #39544 by black_magnolia
cemwerewolf wrote:

So it turns out one of my mice is male.

Anyone want a new pet?

Congrats? I had the same thing happen whit my gerbils... :woohoo: Hopefully you managed to find out which one is the male and separate him, otherwise, next batch of babies will follow soon. :huh:

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds